What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have some questions re JB!

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh Shitums. Wouldn't that be entertaining. I have thought about it ~ but there would be so many different ways and opinions right? I swore I would never do it unless it was personally done with me. And also too ~ iTunes and I don't play well together at all. He cheats big time and is mean. :D

You have me thinking.

Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I swore I would never do it unless it was personally done with me.
There is always the possibility of remotely controlling a PC/Mac. Though I wouldn't trust some unknown person from the Internet to give them access to my PC.

SweetPoison said:
And also too ~ iTunes and I don't play well together at all. He cheats big time and is mean. :D

Didn't you train your iTunes? You could start by rewarding it every time he does what you ask him to. In no time, the two of you will work perfectly together, with iTunes just waiting for your commands:

Attachments

• image-3812978239.png
    image-3812978239.png
    154.3 KB · Views: 158
OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I swore I would never do it unless it was personally done with me.
There is always the possibility of remotely controlling a PC/Mac. Though I wouldn't trust some unknown person from the Internet to access my PC.

You mean have someone actually do it or walk me through it and not really being here?

That does sound a little, like...NO. lol!

SweetPoison said:
And also too ~ iTunes and I don't play well together at all. He cheats big time and is mean. :D

Didn't you train your iTunes? You could start by rewarding it every time it does what you ask him to. In no time, the two of you will work perfectly together, with iTunes just waiting for your commands:

Oh that is too cute. Reminds me of someone I know!

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am, woman. I really am! I don't know what it is about JB ~ but I am so intrigued and fascinated by it.

I just have to do it, Joy. I do not know why I am so scared ~ you can't really brick an iPad, per se' ~ I could just restore, cry. And restore.

Right? Very easy. Simple.

NOT.

yeah, go with it :D it's a whole new experience. im back to the original though . ;)

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am, woman. I really am! I don't know what it is about JB ~ but I am so intrigued and fascinated by it.

I just have to do it, Joy. I do not know why I am so scared ~ you can't really brick an iPad, per se' ~ I could just restore, cry. And restore.

Right? Very easy. Simple.

NOT.

yeah, go with it :D it's a whole new experience. im back to the original though . ;)

Why?

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my curiosity is satisfied :)
im contented with the apps i have. you should try the experience marie :D

you can always restore. ;)

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I am more curious why neither one of you stayed JB.

The real question is why do most people who JB, Stay Jailbroken ;-). You womt overcome the fear of JB until u actually do it. I was on the fence also at first b4 my first time...lol. Then I finally went for it, confidence sunk in, and never looked back since!

Sent from my Jailbroken IPad on 4.2.1 ;-)

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my curiosity is satisfied :)
im contented with the apps i have. you should try the experience marie :D

you can always restore. ;)
This is pretty much exactly my experience with jailbreaking! My last experience with jailbreaking was with a 1st generation iPod Touch and it did not go well at all so I was a little gun shy to try it again.

Jailbreaking has come a long way since those early days so I figured I would try it again. Besides, everything I have is backed up somewhere and the worst thing that would happen is that I would have to restore it.

It worked perfectly, but I have to say that I was seriously underwhelmed at the results. I think the main reason I restored my iPad is because I am not really what some here call a "power user". It is not my "portable office" and I do not have the need to be connected 24/7.

90% of what I do is read books and listen to streaming audio (music and police scanners), although I have been known to shoot birds at pigs once in awhile! For what I do, the iPad running iOS is just fine, but of course, YMMV!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score

YMMV?

scott, what does it mean?
This is an old saying that is frequently used in automobile advertisements when referring to how many miles per gallon you can expect to get. They would say things like, "This car gets 35 miles per gallon, but your mileage may vary."

YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary which means that your experience may not necessarily be the same as mine.

Most reactions

Latest posts