What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have some questions re JB!

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
How long does it take? Is it a quick process or some extensive downloading and syncing?

I have some other questions ~ off to find them!:eek:

Since u already on 4.3 and didn't save the shsh blobs..u should just upgrade to 4.3.1 and wait till untethered jailbreak is released. As I'm sure u want to upgrade to ios4.3.1 probably.
All u had to do was inbox me n I could've shown u the way ;-). Lol.
Whatever u do, don't do a tethered jailbrake. Those SUX royally. Untethered langue way to go. One time and ur done till u choose to update iOS.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh s$&@, I add to add one more post. I made your thread the place where I just now made my 1000 post...yeahhhh....lol. Remember, untetherrrrrddddd...

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
How long does it take? Is it a quick process or some extensive downloading and syncing?

I have some other questions ~ off to find them!:eek:

Since u already on 4.3 and didn't save the shsh blobs..u should just upgrade to 4.3.1 and wait till untethered jailbreak is released. As I'm sure u want to upgrade to ios4.3.1 probably.
All u had to do was inbox me n I could've shown u the way ;-). Lol.
Whatever u do, don't do a tethered jailbrake. Those SUX royally. Untethered langue way to go. One time and ur done till u choose to update iOS.

Oh s$&@, I add to add one more post. I made your thread the place where I just now made my 1000 post...yeahhhh....lol. Remember, untetherrrrrddddd...

I have not JB yet ~ I won't unless someone 100% walks me through it. Like on the phone or in person.

But I really want too!!

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I have not JB yet ~ I won't unless someone 100% walks me through it. Like on the phone or in person.

But I really want too!!

If you are still on 4.2.1, like I am, then it will be very easy n simple.

All you have to do is:

1)go to greenpoison.com
2)press the download tab that corresponds to the type of pc u have, whether a pc or Mac. Then it will download. it will be version rc6 or higher.
3) install it on ur pc
4)backup your iPad thru iTunes so just in case its needed, u can restore back to b4 the jailbreak. Also turn off auto sync on iTunes. It might try to mess around with your iPad while trying to jailbreak.
5)Launch the green poison program on ur pc or Mac
6)hook your iPad up to your pc thru USB cable. The program "should" recognize ur iPad is connected.
7)press the start or begin tab( or something like that). Then follow the onscreen instructions very carefully. Timing is the key. Even if u mess up on the timing, u can do it over. It happened to me, no biggie, just tried again
8)once u get that process done, and it's a success, the Jailbreak tab will be highlighted or lit up. Press it, then your iPad starts to load up the jailbreak on it. The iPad screen will show all sorts of programming language scrolling thru the screen. Be patient and let it run it's course. Doesn't take long. Once done, it "should" reboot.
9)disconnect from pc and now you are jail broken ;-). U should see a new Cydia store and loader icon on your home screen page or one of the pages.
Very easy, It may look like a lot from what I wrote but it's not really. I just wanted to give u the details as much as possible so you know what you're looking for. Inbox me if you have any other questions or issues, if you attempt this. ;-)

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We are all waiting for the 4.3.1 jailbreak to be released Marie. I know it is hard to be patient sometimes, but there is no other choice.... for now. Good things come to those that wait... so I hear!

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
marie, are you really bent on JB'ing your ipad? this I have to see ! go girl!

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am, woman. I really am! I don't know what it is about JB ~ but I am so intrigued and fascinated by it.

I just have to do it, Joy. I do not know why I am so scared ~ you can't really brick an iPad, per se' ~ I could just restore, cry. And restore.

Right? Very easy. Simple.

NOT.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
5a1e4551.png
Some Day!

Most reactions