What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have never sent an email from my ipad and its so boring. Please help me.

tsmrg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought this ipad recently, ipad 3 and now has the new ios6 but the problem is i cant send emails. I can only receive. This is what it tells me after i send an email from the acconts i sat up. For the yahoo one:
"Cannot send email
The connection to the outgoing server "apple.smtp.mail.yahoo.com" failed.
Additional outgoing mail servers can be configured in settings>mailn contacts, calendars."
What can i do guys thanks

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try removing the "apple." from the outgoing server address (smpt.mail.yahoo.com), if that doesn't work remove the ",mail" also (smpt.yahoo.com), that"s what my Yahoo/ATT account looks like. The auto setup doesn't work right for Yahoo, keeps adding un-needed things to the address.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The easiest thing to do would be to delete the account under Settings > Mail, Calendars, Contacts and then add it again. This should clear up any problems with the SMTP and server entries.

Most reactions

Latest posts