What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Emails stuck in Outbox

MargT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yesterday I successfully took photos with my iPad2 and sent these to my main computer.
This morning, another 29 photos which I again sent to my main computer but none went through
and on checking my iPad I can see there 29 unsent Messages

A message came on screen to say

"The connection to the outgoing server "p01 -smtp.mail,ne.com" failed.
Additional Outgoing Mail Servers can be configured in
Settings >Mail, Contact, Calendars
OK

I went into Setting but cannot see anywhere to configure Additional Servers.

Please can anyone help??

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPadForums!

Go to the Settings app, scroll down to Mail. Tap Accounts at the top right:
IMG_6780.PNG

Select the account that's causing the problems
IMG_6781.PNG

Tap Account
IMG_6788.JPG

Go to Outgoing Mail Server:
IMG_6786.JPG

Tap it, and on the next screen, you'll find the option to add a server:
IMG_6787.JPG

Hope that helps.

OP
M

MargT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yesterday I successfully took photos with my iPad2 and sent these to my main computer.
This morning, another 29 photos which I again sent to my main computer but none went through
and on checking my iPad I can see there 29 unsent Messages

A message came on screen to say

"The connection to the outgoing server "p01 -smtp.mail,ne.com" failed.
Additional Outgoing Mail Servers can be configured in
Settings >Mail, Contact, Calendars
OK

I went into Settings but cannot see anywhere to configure Additional Servers.

Please can anyone help??

Thank you J.A for your very detailed reply.

I have written it all down, just plucking up courage to follow your instructions.
I am a little stupid in such things, age problem?? I cannot understand why
yesterday, identical emails went through to my main computer - did I
inadvertently press something to cause this to happen? A mystery.
I just wish there was someone here who could be sure of carrying out your instructions.
I am having a think about it and will post back - if and when I find some guts!!!!

OP
M

MargT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you J.A for your very detailed reply.

I have written it all down, just plucking up courage to follow your instructions.
I am a little stupid in such things, age problem?? I cannot understand why
yesterday, identical emails went through to my main computer - did I
inadvertently press something to cause this to happen? A mystery.
I just wish there was someone here who could be sure of carrying out your instructions.
I am having a think about it and will post back - if and when I find some guts!!!!

OP
M

MargT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi again
I did pluck up courage to follow your instructions but alas, no joy.
After "Tap Accounts at the top right"
First problem - nothing at the top right of screen but Accounts heading in centre of screen.
Tapping this - no sign of Attachment 75101
so could not follow any more of your instructions.
When I did tap Accounts the following list came up

iCloud
E-Exchange
Google
Yahoo#AOL
Outlook.com

Unfortunately, I freely admit, in certain matters, I am THIC.

Once before, emails were stuck in Outbox but they miraculously did get sent
shortly afterwards. Such a mystery, emails last night, with photos, sent to main
computer, no problem but today, stuck and I cannot see anywhere on the screen
to activate SEND from my Outbox.

Thank you for trying to help.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you go to Settings - Mail, and tap account here:
IMG_6791.JPG

You'll find the list of email accounts set up on your iPad. Do not select "Add Account". Choose the account that can't send emails:
IMG_6792.JPG

This will look different in your case, depending on the accounts set up on your device. Then you should be able to follow my advice.

OP
M

MargT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
J.A
Once again, grateful thanks for your help but alas, I cannot click on any link that will take
me to 75101 or any of the ones following on - 75108 ?? It is the iCloud Outbox that is causing
the problem, not my Yahoo account.
Apart from being quite distressed at having the emails stuck in iCloud Outbox, it is so
infuriating not being able to see a link to then send them on.
Unfortunately, I do not have the intelligence to follow your instruction but I appreciate you trying to
help. I have tried my best but but but.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If it's the iCloud account, here's another way to access that setting:

Go to Settings - iCloud, scroll down to Mail:
IMG_6818.JPG

Tap "Mail":
IMG_6819.JPG

Go to "Outgoing Mail Server"/SMTP, tap iCloud SMTP Server:
IMG_6820.JPG

Then you're here:
IMG_6821.JPG

From there, it's possible to add a new server.

OP
M

MargT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
J.A
Once again, grateful thanks for your help but alas, I cannot click on any link that will take
me to 75101 or any of the ones following on - 75108 ?? It is the iCloud Outbox that is causing
the problem, not my Yahoo account.
Apart from being quite distressed at having the emails stuck in iCloud Outbox, it is so
infuriating not being able to see a link to then send them on.
Unfortunately, I do not have the intelligence to follow your instruction but I appreciate you trying to
help. I have tried my best but but but.

OP
M

MargT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
J A
Your kindness and willingness to help is truly amazing. You certainly have gone the extra mile or
million or so.
I have tried my best to follow all your instructions but not in a single instance, can I click on
anything to bring up the VIEW ATTACHMENT of any of the numbers. I may be able to attend an IT class tomorrow for Old Biddies
and will print out all your instructions and see if the Instructor can follow your wonderful advice.

I am off to bed now - maybe dreaming that when I wake up, like as happened in the past, the emails in the Outbox have all
decided to stop playing games and will get sent off. WHY WHY WHY, when emails went off safely last night, does this decide
to happen today. I detest mysteries and this situation is extremely distressing.

THANK YOU
Marg

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've just found out that iCloud is down for some users. Maybe your problem is related to that outage, and will solve itself, with time.

OP
M

MargT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
J.A

Not quite gone to bed - BUT BUT BUT - as has happened before, yes, all the emails that were stuck in my Outbox have been received in my main Computer !!!! So, I can now have a restful night. This has happened previously and I have been furious to not be able to find out what I have inadvertently clicked to cause the problem - maybe, as you say, something to do with iCloud. One problem does remain, that I can live with. I send emails from my iPad and they do not state my name as the sender. Earlier in the year, when in Skiathos, I made friends with a lovely lady and followed her advice to try Parga. Now, amazingly, all my iCloud emails say sent - not by me, but her name. Not a huge problem but nevertheless, a mystery - correction, a bewildering mystery. However, much as I dislike mysteries, not something to worry about - well, with my limited capabilities.

J.A, I would like to re-iterate my appreciation of all the trouble you have taken to help me with my dilemma. You truly are an excellent asset to this Forum.
Thank you
Marg

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm glad it's working again. :)

Who is set up as you in your contacts?

Go to Settings - Contacts, take a look at My Info.
IMG_6826.JPG

If you can't find your name there, tap the name. The list of all your contacts will appear. Scroll to your name and tap it. You will see "me" next to it, as soon as it is set up.
IMG_6827.JPG

OP
M

MargT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, several things, one being on a public Forum, I have shown myself to be a huge dope.
Not realising that the Attachment 75101etc etc were links for me to click on, The penny
dropped this morning!! Well not everyone is perfect and again, I am amazed at the extent
of your knowledge and your willingness to help.
I did manage to change My Info to my name after following your instructions and then sent
a couple of test emails to my main computer. Alas looking on my iPad, it says in my sent
list that the email is from Sylvia B -but when I open the email on my main computer, no
mention of it coming from Sylvia etc. I did go into list of contacts and managed in another
area to delete all details of Sylvia so now her name is still showing in the main Contacts List
but is greyed out, though no way at all of deleting this from the list.
However, in truth, not a problem if it just shows her name as I am sending a photo email
so will have to remain a mystery.
THANK YOU
Marg

Most reactions

Latest posts