I have a few specific questions

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by iBean, Feb 1, 2010.

1. iBean

iBean iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I already use the wireless keyboard with my iMac. Will I be able to use the same keyboard with the iPad? ... Say, if I put it in the docking station? I see there is going to be a docking station with a keyboard attached, but I'm wondering about the plain one.
    Also, how does the iPad link to a printer?
    Thanks
  2. DG~X

DG~X iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Im pretty sure that that will not work for it unfortunalty. Theres a spot where you connect the printer to. Like a computer would have.
  3. iDan

iDan Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +95 / 2
    Is your keyboard bluetooth or require a usb dongle?

I haven't read or seen anything on how printing will work yet. It's something I'll have to do some research on. You got me curious now!

4. KiltedTim

KiltedTim iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    News reports talking about enterprise support say that wireless printing will be in the shipping version as will full Exchange functionality for address book, calendar and mail. I imagine you'll be able to print to any printer shared from a Mac or PC or on something like an Airport Express or Extreme base station.
  5. iBean

iBean iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think it uses Bluetooth. I bought it at the Apple Store when I got my iMac, and it is a Mac product. I'm hoping since I think it uses Bluetooth, that it will work with the iPad.:confused:
  6. Dwight

Dwight iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am want to know if Apple plans on allowing the ipad to be expandable (e.g- are user going to be allowed to increase the flash drive size with something larger). I'm a photographer and would love to take the ipad travelling and download my photos on the ipad. But 64gigs is to small (especially while shooting RAW). Maybe a 128 or 250 gig flash. :D. I do have a laptop but for mobility this ipad fits the bill.
  7. iVegas702

iVegas702 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    From what I have seen the new bluetooth keyboard will work with the ipad. I would be nice to be able to plug in a external HD to store data on,or access it.
  8. iBean

iBean iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My Mac wireless keyboard has no plug-in spots. Just a tube to put in the batteries. The case is a single slab of aluminum with holes in it for the keys to fit through. Real basic & simple.
  9. iBean

iBean iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    In looking at the iLounge photos of the dock with keyboard, the keyboard looks just like my wireless keyboard, just a little newer and with a few different logo's on the f-keys. Could it be that they put the wireless keyboard on the dock, but took out the batteries?
    Another question; looking at the back of the plain dock, I see 2 holes. One is "in-line" I guess for sound. What is the other one for? I couldn't read the label, but I'm guessing that the power plug sticks in there, then to the wall plug - right?