What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Dock

RobotRock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really want something to dock my iPad in, but not sure if I should get the Apple Dock/Keyboard Dock or another brand. I would probably use a keyboard at some point, but not sure if having a keyboard attached to the dock gets in the way. Also, I was wondering if some of the non apple docks could hold the iPad with a thin case on it? Suggestions?

I know there's not much to discuss here, but hope those with docks will be able to say what they are like etc

Thanks

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought an Apple dock. I don't like it. The iPad is fragile when I put it in, being heavy. When I take it out it always feel like the thing is going to tear out the connector.

I now only use it to show pictures once in a while.

Instead, I built a floor stand that allow to bring the iPad as far as I need from my face and I use a bluetooth keyboard paired up with it.

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love the dock alone, but I really have no need to input data while it's docked. For versatility I'd rather have the wireless keyboard and the separate dock if I thought I'd need to use both sometimes.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Apple dock without the keyboard, I don't even use it anymore. I was worried it was pulling on the 30 pin connector to much.

OP
RobotRock

RobotRock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd really like some sort of dock or stand to hold it up, so I thought a dock would be better since it charges. Those with a keyboard dock, what's it like and what are the special buttons at the top?

keroro1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw a small desktop easel in our local craft stroe, which looks ideal for the ipad (the bottom has a lip on it, so that would prevent the ipad from slipping out) - its the perfect size too.

Hoping to pick one up at the weekend, so i will post pics if it turns out to be ok.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
They sell business card holders at office depot for like 60 cents that work well with the ipad.
4509899938_773e05327f_o.jpg

OP
RobotRock

RobotRock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just had a look on eBay and there are thousands of chinese iPad stands that dock and charge. Not sure of the quality, best to get an apple one?

Most reactions

Latest posts