What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have a 3GB data plan with AT&T please help

Reaction score
Just as the title says.. I have a 3GB data plan with AT&T.. I'm on my 6th day of using it and already I got a message from them saying I've used up 65% of my data... I mainly use my iPad at work watching Netflix movies in the booth, and I know AT&T offered a 5GB data plan for 50.00 a month but I doubt 5gb of data will be enough.. I need more GB.. What I want to know is what are my options without having to waste a ton of money on an upgraded data plan?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Netflix will do it. If you don't have access to wifi, and you want to watch movies, I doubt there is a plan anywhere that will give you what you need. I don't know what effective size a Netflix movie would be, but the movies I have ripped for the iPhone run out at around 300Mb, so using that as a ballpark figure, nine movies is going to send you over the top.

I think wifi is your only answer. Have a chat to your IT department and see if they can hook you up with the password.

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
Stop streaming. I spent the better part of 3 months getting all my DVDs into iTunes so I can take them whereever I want to go on my iPad. I only stream when on wifi. I have a 7GB Tether plan on my phone and tether my iPad whenever I feel like it. I still dont watch netflix on anything but wireless.

OP
S
Reaction score
I ended up just getting another wireless router to put in the booth.. It was a simple setup considering there was an Ethernet cable already in the booth, so all I had to do is wire it up to my wireless router... Now I'm using wifi... It's great.. Problem solved... Thanks guys for the quick responses

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I ended up just getting another wireless router to put in the booth.. It was a simple setup considering there was an Ethernet cable already in the booth, so all I had to do is wire it up to my wireless router... Now I'm using wifi... It's great.. Problem solved... Thanks guys for the quick responses

Smart!

KarinainMilan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WiFi really is THE solution to iPad use!
Glad you managed to find a solution. I also use the AT&T 3G plan when I am in the States and with judicious use of WiFi I manage to stay within the limits!
Cheers! :eek:

Shryte

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Supercharged03gtp said:
Just as the title says.. I have a 3GB data plan with AT&T.. I'm on my 6th day of using it and already I got a message from them saying I've used up 65% of my data... I mainly use my iPad at work watching Netflix movies in the booth, and I know AT&T offered a 5GB data plan for 50.00 a month but I doubt 5gb of data will be enough.. I need more GB.. What I want to know is what are my options without having to waste a ton of money on an upgraded data plan?

If you have the ipad 2 or 3, then you are also able to order a SIM card from StraightTalk wireless and for $45 a month they give you unlimited 3G data and I think it is actually HSPA+ cause it seems a little faster. I'm not completely sure about the HSPA+ though.

A5Rage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
These data plans our carriers have been gradually implementing over the pst yer or o re outrageous. $50 for 5 gigs of data on an LTE network? That's like getting. Ferrari, but with only five gallons of gas for it to last an entire month.

Most reactions

Latest posts