1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

More versatile data plans

Discussion in 'iPad Carriers' started by Bingoldsby, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Bingoldsby

Bingoldsby iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I would like to see the carriers offer a data plan for our devices which would allow ANY of my "registered devices" use it. As an example, I have an iPhone AND an iPad. The iPad is WiFi only, but I would have gladly purchased the 3G model if it weren't for having to completely duplicate the iPhone's data plans and charges. It seems like offering such a plan, with a fair market value for the "versatility of device uses," would have gotten both Apple AND Verizon more revenue from me and at the same time, saved me money.

Brian - Sent from my iPad using iPF
  2. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +441 / 0
    I think many consumers would like that kind of plan, but carriers pursue profits, so what motivation would they have to offer such a plan, especially as data consumption surges with tablet use?