What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I can't remember the answers to my security questions

GAMESHARQ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I recently restored my PC and had to reinstall itunes. Now when I try to buy something, it tells me I need to answer my 2 security questions.

I've forgotten the answers, so I emailed itunes support. This was their 1st response:

"> Hello,

>
> Grace here from the iTunes Store. I understand that you would like me to reset your security questions for you. I appreciate that you would like to be able to access your account again as soon as possible so you can enjoy your iTunes Purchases!
>
> At this time, we have temporarily suspended resetting security questions through email support, so I will be unable to reset your questions today. However, Apple is currently working toward a resolution to assist with this issue. You will receive an email after the matter has been investigated and further information is available.
>
> I know you must look forward to using your account again, and while I am unable to assist currently, please know that I am eager to resolve this for you.
>
> In the meantime, I would like to verify your account so that I can reset your security questions as soon as we are able to do so again.
>
> Apple requires that you provide the following, for your security:
>
> At least one of the following:
>
> - the order number of one of your purchases
> - the last four digits of the credit card used for your iTunes Store account
> - the answer to all of your security questions
>
> As well as two items from this list:
>
> - your birth date
> - the billing address listed on the account
> - the phone number on the account
>
> Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter. Thank you for being an important part of the Apple family - have a great evening!
>
> Sincerely,
>
> iTunes Store Customer Support"

So I emailed them back with the information they requested, and this is the 2nd response I got:

"Hi,

Grace here again from the iTunes Store. Thank you for the information the you have provided me.

Unfortunately, at this time, I do not have an expected time for this issue to be resolved. This issue is affecting many customers worldwide so we are trying to get it dealt with as quickly as possible. I am keeping your case in my inbox so that as soon as I hear anything, I will let you know. Also, if you have any inquiries, they will come directly to me.

I wish I had more to tell you at this time but for now all we can do is wait until the engineering department has a resolution. I want to thank you for your patience in this matter and wish you a wonderful day!

Sincerely,

Grace
iTunes Store Customer Support"

So am I s*** out of luck? Is there any other way to reset my security questions/answers?

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
A journalist got his accounts hacked and a lot of data on his devices and computers erased. It was in part Apple's fault in that a tech support guy was maneuvered into reseting his iCloud password. It got a lot of publicity.

Apples' response has been to stop tech support password resets until they have reviewed their policies, proceeders, and other security. It may be inconvenient right now but they are trying to avoid a repeat. The incident and the method used were highly publicized, so just about anyone could try and duplicate it.

Sounds like you're caught the confusion. All you can do is hope they resolve it soon.

Compromised iCloud password leads to nightmare (updated) | TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog

Last edited:

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Im going to be very careful i dont lose the answers to mine after reading this,i just assumed you could reset them easily.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Security is getting to be a big pain. We need to go to biometrics! Scan my eyeballs over the Internet!

OP
G

GAMESHARQ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Still waiting for them to contact me back. This sucks, but at least I can still purchase items on my ipad itself.

happy123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
apple-zones.blogspot.com
if you can not answer your security questions,I think you can ask the officer for help or you can download a software which can help you pass the step and enter your iPad!

brian_e

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe you can also manage these via appleid.apple.com and selecting manage account.

angelEH

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anybody help me with deleting my credit card info from my app?

Hawaiian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have this same forgotten security answers problem with my mini! I cannot buy new apps on my mini until I get my answers reset, so frustrating! So I buy from my phone and install on ipad.

Pharlap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I forgot my security answers so i just booked an appoitment with apple they rang the next day and i had it all fixed within 5 minutes no hassles and all done from my ipad 4 while they talked to me with a real person who didn't treat me like an idiot and that he had stuffed up his security also .the main thing is when you set up these stupid questions make them so easy to remember with simple answers and when you type them in make sure the cap lock is not highlighted thats what was stuffing me around .because when you enter the damn things on ipad first letter is on auto capitals just remember to make sure this is off.

Most reactions

Latest posts