What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am so confused !!!!

traceykate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded the app "music downloader+ player" from the iPad 2 app store and it said that I can transfere music that I download the music I get to the iPod on the iPad 2 but I really have no clue how to do it, can anybody
Help me please.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've moved this to the Help section, where I think it will receive better attention.

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you wanting to transfer music from an Internet site or from your PC or Mac?

Let us know and we'll do what we can to help.

Tim

OP
traceykate

traceykate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Are you wanting to transfer music from an Internet site or from your PC or Mac?

Let us know and we'll do what we can to help.

Tim

Hi I downloaded an app from the app store on my iPad and it said I can send the songs I download from them to my iPod player thingy on my iPad but I can't seem to find the way to do it the app is called music download + player it was from the app store on the iPad, sorry to confuse.
Many thanks

Tracey

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I downloaded an app from the app store on my iPad and it said I can send the songs I download from them to my iPod player thingy on my iPad but I can't seem to find the way to do it the app is called music download + player it was from the app store on the iPad, sorry to confuse.
Many thanks

Tracey
Hi Tracey. I checked and there is no app called "music download + player" in the iTunes App Store. Can you please have a look at the app and tell up exactly what the name is? Otherwise there are too many Apps with similar names to figure out how to help. Thank you.

EDIT: Please avoid posting the same question in multiple areas on the forum, it only confuses things and is against the forum rules. Your duplicate posts have been removed. With over 100,000 members of our forum I'm confident that you'll get the answers you're looking for with a little patience. Thanks again.

Last edited:
OP
traceykate

traceykate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi it's called music downloader + player by genesis co, ltd. I got it from my apps icon on the iPad. I am very sorry about putting on multiple posts but I still don't know how the forum works properly so sorry. Hope u can help if not its the scrap heap for me now lol.
Thank you x

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi it's called music downloader + player by genesis co, ltd. I got it from my apps icon on the iPad. I am very sorry about putting on multiple posts but I still don't know how the forum works properly so sorry. Hope u can help if not its the scrap heap for me now lol.
Thank you x
Ah, got it then...this one...

App Store - Music Downloader+ Player

I haven't used it but it appears to be a stand-alone music downloader and player (hence the name I suppose). This means that the music that you download using this app cannot be "moved"...to your iPod app or anywhere else...at least that I can see.

I can understand why for a couple of reasons...one it would be direct competition for buying music in the iTunes Store. Second, by allowing files to be moved around it would impact the security of other apps as there's no way for Apple to know if these files are harmful or not. Apple keeps apps isolated or "sandboxed" as they call it to prevent problems.

So it appears that you'll have to be content with using this app to play any music you download with it.

That's probably not the answer you wanted to hear, but hope it helps!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
traceykate said:
Thank you x

Their support page is bogus to boot.

The only iPod song trasfering I can find mention of is the ability to take songs dowloaded in the app and move them to the iPod app. They tell you to use File sharing, which means that while their claim isn't exactly a lie, it's not really a direct trasfer feature either. Here is a link on how File Sharing works.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4094

Basically what you would have to do is use the File Sharing feature in iTunes to copy them to you computer. Once ther you can import the files back into the iTunes library, the same way you would import any music track (using Add to Library under the Files menu). At that point it would be available to sync back to your iPad and show up in the iPod app. Or you could sync it to any other iDevice you own.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Their support page is bogus to boot.

The only iPod song trasfering I can find mention of is the ability to take songs dowloaded in the app and move them to the iPod app. They tell you to use File sharing, which means that while their claim isn't exactly a lie, it's not really a direct trasfer feature either. Here is a link on how File Sharing works.

iOS: About File Sharing

Basically what you would have to do is use the File Sharing feature in iTunes to copy them to you computer. Once ther you can import the files back into the iTunes library, the same way you would import any music track (using Add to Library under the Files menu). At that point it would be available to sync back to your iPad and show up in the iPod app. Or you could sync it to any other iDevice you own.
Ah, I hadn't gotten that far or I missed it.

Seems like are real PIA way to do things though.

I didn't find any support page! The reviews are pretty mixed...love it or hate it. Probably an app to be avoided IMHO...even the free version.

Thanks for the additional info though. :thumbs:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
richsadams said:
I didn't find any support page! The reviews are pretty mixed...love it or hate it. Probably an app to be avoided IMHO...even the free version.

Thanks for the additional info though. :thumbs:

That's what I meant by bogus. All I got was a notice that the domain may be for sale. To be fair the app only came out the 16th of Sep. To be critical, the Dev should have had at least a place holder page up when the app was submitted.

I'd be leary of buying the app too, at least until it has an update or two and enough reviews that I can be fairly sure it's more than friends and family five staring it.

OP
traceykate

traceykate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi tim hi rich hi twerpoet

Thank you both very much for your help. It is very much appreciated. I thought all the apps from the iPad app store were ok to have as it was on the iPad, gosh have I got a lot to learn lol. I will be more aware in the future about what I buy.
Once again thank you. And I am now off to learn what the difference is from a post to a thread, not sure how to work the site yet but will get there. Once again thanks guys. Prob speak soon lol.
:) many thanks xx

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
traceykate said:
Hi tim hi rich hi twerpoet

Thank you both very much for your help. It is very much appreciated. I thought all the apps from the iPad app store were ok to have as it was on the iPad, gosh have I got a lot to learn lol. I will be more aware in the future about what I buy.
Once again thank you. And I am now off to learn what the difference is from a post to a thread, not sure how to work the site yet but will get there. Once again thanks guys. Prob speak soon lol.
:) many thanks xx

Simple...your last message was a "post"...and it was posted in this "thread". A thread is just a bunch of posts strung together, all discussing (hopefully) the same subject. You started this thread when you asked your original question.

You're doing fine! We'll look forward to seeing more of your posts and threads! :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts