What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

howdy folks... help needed

yazzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm completely baffled with my iPad. Jailbroke device with iOS 4.32 after purchasing used device. Everything was fine doing sync with iTunes and USB connections. Also able to FTP into the iPad. Now all hell broke loose:(

I've tried 5 different computers as the USB connection fails on EVERY computer. I have the original receipt for the iPad which expires June 2011 but I can't even do a restore to return the device to Apple cuz it refuses to connect. BTW I have a iPad2 and 3 iPhones which all connection fine, just the iPad constantly fails.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does pc/Mac give you an error message? If so, what exactly does it state? What O/S on pc?
Check the following:

1. USB Connection – A common issue with iTunes is that you generally can’t have your device connected before you start iTunes. Disconnect your iPad from your computer and reconnect it. If that doesn’t work, try a different USB port, or possibly a different USB cable.

2. Charge your iPad – If your iPad has a low or dead battery, then it won’t show up in iTunes until it has a little bit of a charge. *Charge the iPad for 10 minutes or so, then try to connect it again.

3. Restart your iPad – To restart the iPad, hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears, then slide your finger on the slider to turn it off. *Turn it back on by holding the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.

4. Restart your computer – Restarting your computer can resolve any software/hardware issues that might be keeping your iPad from showing up in iTunes, and is always worth a shot.

5. Reinstall iTunes – If all else fails, try removing iTunes and reinstalling it.

Btw ~ welcome to the forums...

Last edited:
OP
Y

yazzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Error message says "device not recognized"
BTW I can charge the device with standalone chargeer, just can't connect via USB.

Thx for the support.

OP
Y

yazzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BTW I'm wondering if I accidentally deleted some files while in FTP but I don't know how to confirm that. Any suggestions?

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can you enter DFU mode and connect to iTunes?...if so, restore...or update to official 4.3.3 and then re-JB....

OP
Y

yazzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried putting it into DFU mode without any success. Still fails to see device after going to DFU. I'm on the road right now but will give this another shot throughout my array of machines as I currently have 5 different computers to try it on. This has been driving me crazy. If all else fails does anyone know if I can somehow FTP the iOS to the iPad and force a complete restore without being connected to iTunes?

Most reactions

Latest posts