What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Out of solutions... Anyone offer other solutions

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yazzie said:
I've tried 3 times to erase and restore and even ran it for 15 hours. Never completed and each time after I do a hard reboot, the JBed device returns with all apps and data intact. Even tried restore on a clean machine with no success. Can anyone else suggest another idea?

Yazzie

Throw it out the window. :)

techknott

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't know if you need help on this still, but I'd just delete everything you could from within cydia, all unofficial apps etc, then install poof and hide whatever can't be deleted.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
techknott said:
Don't know if you need help on this still, but I'd just delete everything you could from within cydia, all unofficial apps etc, then install poof and hide whatever can't be deleted.

Or just use sbsettings to make apps disappear.

techknott

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah but sbsettings can be opened from the main screen(sometimes by accident), poof can be hidden completely.

copter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Started erase & reset around 11pm last night and was still running @ 7am this morning. Thought something must have screwed up so I disconnected and tried to do a reboot to no avail. Nothing but a blank screen. So I packed up the device and off I went to the apple store. I get to the store and wait and hour for my appointment and explain that I did a reset last night that failed and now I have a blank screen. SOB hits the power button and up comes my iPad (with all my hacked apps). Buddy turns it off and tries to connect to a computer. At this point I'm crapping myself thinking their gonna know I hacked the device. I quickly grabbed my phone and said I just realized I had to get my dad to the hospital for an appointment and would return another day. They had my name, email & phone number but not the serial for the pad thank god. So now I'm back home trying once more to reset the device. Next time I take it back, I'll be triple sure as I might not be so lucky next time around. :D

I wouldn't worry about it. In all of my experiences at the apple store if you have a jailbroken device they tell you to restore it and bring it back. They have allays been very cool about it with me. I had a radio issue on my first iPhone they just asked me to bring it back with the stock iOS and they swapped it out for a new one.

Most reactions

Latest posts