What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to transfer kindle books to ipad for friendly reading?

cecillovell2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[h=1]I have a Kindle DX that I really like and use to read books. Recently I have bought an new ipad, now I want to pick up my kindle books to ipad for reading. But when I pick my Kindle, it doesn't show up on the iPad(all them are in pdf formats). What’s wrong with it? Is the book format not suite the ipad properly? Give me a answer quickly.[/h]

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think you need to install the Kindle app on your iPad, if you haven't already done so. Then Kindle and iPad with communicate with each other and what you have on Kindle will show on your iPad. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If they're docs that you've previously sent to your Kindle account (which I'm guessing they are, because you mentioned PDF format), you'll need to resend them to your Kindle account, then download them to iPad. I had a Kindle e-ink reader from way back before iPad debuted, and none of the docs I emailed to my Kindle account back then automatically showed on my iPad Kindle app. I just resent what I needed, then downloaded and they show up under the Docs filter on my Kindle app on iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts