What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to take complete backup ?

soamz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi.. I have all the settings and data and apps ready on my iPad.

There are few issues with this new iPad ,so I would most probably ask them for a replacement .

But before I do that , I would like to keep a complete backup of my device , so that when the new one comes, I can simply restore everything to what I have now .

Let me know, how to.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Connect that iPad to the latest version of iTunes. Then, right click on the iPad line (left side) and select "Backup." Make a note of the date and time.

Then, if you end up replacing the iPad, you can connect the new iPad to that iTunes/computer. iTunes will automatically ask it you wish to set up the new iPad as new or "restore from backup." Select restore from backup and then select that backup you made. iTunes will do its "magic" and your new iPad will then be a mirror of the old.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To add to the previous reply...
I believe if you select an encrypted backup it will also store all passwords, etc.

OP
S

soamz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know that. But sadly that thing doesn't take the backup of all the apps and other data .
I'm looking for a solution for complete backup .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Then I am unsure what you mean - as iTunes does do a complete backup. At least, when I purchased my new iPad3, I used the backup from my iPad1 to put the iPad3 exactly like the iPad1. Everything was on the 3 as was on the 1 - apps, data, passwords, etc.

So, could you elaborate on what seems to be missing from your backup?

Marilyn

OP
S

soamz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I do that, it simply restores the safari data, history and contacts . Thats all.

No app data at all.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iOS: How to back up

iOS: How to back up
Summary
Learn how to back up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iCloud or iTunes.

Products Affected
iPad, iPhone, iPod touch

iCloud and iTunes can back up most data on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Backed-up information includes purchased music, TV shows, apps, and books*; photos and video in the Camera Roll; device settings (for example, Phone Favorites, Wallpaper, and Mail, Contacts, Calendar accounts); app data; Home screen and app organization; Messages (iMessage, SMS, and MMS), ringtones, and more. Media files synced from your computer aren’t backed up, but can be restored by syncing with iTunes.

* Backup of purchased music is not available in all countries. Backup of purchased TV shows occurs only in the United States. Previous purchases may not be restored if they are no longer in the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBookstore.

scott_R1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought an iPad 4 to replace my 1. I had previously done a back up of my old iPad. When I plugged in my new iPad it restored everything including all apps, purchased music and entire music library. It also restored all my browser favorites including all passwords.

Most reactions

Latest posts