What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to sync Outlook email folders with iPhone and iPad

rburns1230

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have 2 Roadrunner email accounts on my pc, using Outlook as viewer. I can sync email inbox, outbox, sent, etc with iPhone and iPad, but email folders under my inbox won't sync. Neither iPad nor iPhone offers me the option to select folders to sync. What am I missing?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The problem is that Roadrunner only uses POP mail - so you'll not be able to sync folders. It just doesn't work that way with POP mail. And, from what I can tell, as a RoadRunner user myself, I don't see TimeWarner updating their mail service to be an IMAP account (where you can use folders).

So, what I've done is create a separate Gmail account and forward my RoadRunner mail to it. That way, I can use Gmail to set up and use folders.

It's all I can recommend until RoadRunner/Rime Warner decides to join the 21st century. Sorry.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts