What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to sign up on app store without credit card?

BlackOropher26

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The time i register my account on app store/itune store,there is an option wherein i could choose none as a payment method.
Now that my brother has a new itouch 5,he's trying to make a n account for him.The problem is that when he's on the payment section,there is no NONE option where there is use to be.Does apple removes this feature already or is there something i did wrong.My brother doesn't really need the payment stuff as he's not planning to buy apps.I actually followed all the things i did with my current account.Please help!

MY BROTHER's

image-2153154804.jpg

MINE
image-3228211373.jpg

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OP
B

BlackOropher26

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Creating an iTunes Store, App Store, iBookstore, and Mac App Store account without a credit card

The key step includes your first clicking on a FREE app in iTunes and trying to "buy" it.

The reason for step one (trying to buy the free app) is apparently that will trigger the option to not enter a credit card number. If you skip that step, iTunes doesn't offer you the no credit card option.

But it's asking my brother to review it on itunes.And the only way is to cancel it.

mr williams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There was once a option to use PayPal I recommend it if you don't want to use a credit card

mrmark93

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I discovered that with a new device, don't try to set up the new iTunes account during the initialization of the new device. After you 'set up' the device, then go to the App Store and try to 'buy' a free app, and then set up the new iTunes account; then the 'none' option appears.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you set none as the payment option, you will have to use iTunes gift cards to make any purchases. To use the gift cards, you tap on the redeem button at the bottom of the iTunes home page and enter the gift card number in the pop up box that appears. You can then make purchases until the gift card is depleted.

InHisName

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I already have PayPal setup and, now redeem an iTunes card, will it stay stuck on the iTunes card until depleted ?

Is the a way to pull a half used iTunes card so default charge can be resumed ? If so, how ?

Sent from my iPad using iPF, still lots room left in 64GB

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If I already have PayPal setup and, now redeem an iTunes card, will it stay stuck on the iTunes card until depleted ?

Is the a way to pull a half used iTunes card so default charge can be resumed ? If so, how ?

Sent from my iPad using iPF, still lots room left in 64GB

I'm not positive, but I believe that the gift card cannot be un redeemed and will be used to pay for your purchases until fully depleted.

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not positive, but I believe that the gift card cannot be un redeemed and will be used to pay for your purchases until fully depleted.

Yep, that's how it works with the exception of gifting. Gifting will always use your normal payment method instead of your gift card balance.

Most reactions

Latest posts