What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to setup cellular data

misslollicup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to get Internet wherever I go but it seems that I needed cellular data option, which I do not have on my iPad. So how to setup one? Or how to get Internet some other way

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to get Internet wherever I go but it seems that I needed cellular data option, which I do not have on my iPad. So how to setup one? Or how to get Internet some other way

Is it a 3G iPad or wifi only iPad? if 3G ipad you need a sim with prepaid data bundle or contract sim to get Internet on the go.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A wifi only iPad has no Internet access in the absence of a wifi connection. The rates for a cellular data plan for your iPad depend on your cellular data provider.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
A mifi unit would provide mobile Internet if you have a wifi only iPad.

The Archangel

Does the midi unit have to be connected to anything get Internet access before transmitting the wifi signal received by the iPad or other wifi only device?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
Does the midi unit have to be connected to anything get Internet access before transmitting the wifi signal received by the iPad or other wifi only device?

No, the mifi is standalone, you can have it in your pocket, bag, just somewhere around.

The Archangel

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
No, the mifi is standalone, you can have it in your pocket, bag, just somewhere around.

The Archangel

Does it need a cellular data plan?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
nexscience19 said:
you can use wifi ......

Not if there are no available wifi signals.That's the reason devices like mifi exist,to provide an Internet connection where no wifi us available.

Most reactions

Latest posts