What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could not connect to cellular data network

Dj13e

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm getting a pop up that reads "could not connect to cellular data network" on my iPad 2. The problem is I'm not trying to connect to cellular data network. I have it turned off. I'm connected through wi-fi. Does anyone know how to make it go away?

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's telling you that it tried wifi and could not connect so it's trying 3g which is turned off. Check your wifi connection. If you just updated to iOS 4.3.3, some people are having trouble with wifi. Search for "bad wifi connection" as there are several things you can try to cure the problem.

Try to turn off your router, unplug it for about 8-10 min. and restart it.
Go into Settings > General > Network and tell it to forget network, then set it up again. These are just a few of the things you can do, but they fix most of the problems.

OP
D

Dj13e

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Re

What I don't understand is why would it tell me it tried to connect to wifi but can't? It is connected. I have a wifi connection. The "could not activate cellular data network" message pops up around every 20 minutes while I'm online.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine did too until

I finally broke down and set up the minimal 3G service. Normally use wifi either stationary or through my iPhone 4 hotspot

schnarfengrubler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
did you turn off the wifi in settings and turn on the cell thing in settings? that's how mine works....

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I don't understand is why would it tell me it tried to connect to wifi but can't? It is connected. I have a wifi connection. The "could not activate cellular data network" message pops up around every 20 minutes while I'm online.

Have you turned off the Cellular Data button?

Settings>Cellular Data>Off

Maybe toggle it on and then off again.

Most reactions