What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to see a pointer of where I tap ?

Ricky7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I have an iPad Pro 4th generation, I don’t use a mouse, I want to know how can I enable a pointer or cursor so that I can see where I’m tapping on screen, something similar to the pointer in the screenshot that I attached. Thanks for all replies.
0CDA23CD-DA64-4256-81FB-265B87DE08E0.jpeg

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi, I have an iPad Pro 4th generation, I don’t use a mouse, I want to know how can I enable a pointer or cursor so that I can see where I’m tapping on screen, something similar to the pointer in the screenshot that I attached. Thanks for all replies.View attachment 99131
You will automatically see a cursor when you are about to type on an iPad. Apart from that there is really no need for a pointer on a touchscreen, unless you are using something like a Magic Keyboard (then you will see a round indicator).

OP
R

Ricky7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You will automatically see a cursor when you are about to type on an iPad. Apart from that there is really no need for a pointer on a touchscreen, unless you are using something like a Magic Keyboard (then you will see a round indicator).
I’m doing screen video recordings and I need the pointer to appear always on screen and also when I tap on the screen, so that when people watch the video they will see where I’m moving the pointer and also where I’m tapping

Aerofly

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Personally I think your best bet would be to use a bluetooth mouse with your iPad, which will give you a cursor on the screen, a small circle, which you can edit using the Accessibility menu pointer settings, and it will be recorded on your screen recordings as well.
You say you don’t use a mouse, however I think this is going to be the best way.

Doing it this way will eliminate any need for the use of other apps, and a bluetooth mouse can be had quite cheaply on Amazon.

Of course it can also be done very easily using a separate keyboard, but that will incur a far greater expense.

Most reactions

Latest posts