What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possible to edit address bar?

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm trying to use an app I downloaded that allows flash to work on ipad but one of the instructions is to delete everything before a word in the address bar. I can't see any way to do this on ipad! It's dead easy on a PC, you just move the mouse pointer to where you want but I can't see anything to do this?
Anyone know of a way? I suppose I could write down the address & type it back in the way I want?
Be great even if there was some kind of word processing program like MS word where I could copy & paste to & then make changes & replace, but no! Simple things made difficult!:(

OP
M

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
BTW in case I didn't make myself clear, I want to delete stuff BEFORE a certain word! I know how to do so AFTER the word!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
BTW in case I didn't make myself clear, I want to delete stuff BEFORE a certain word! I know how to do so AFTER the word!

It is possible to edit letters/words before or in the middle of a text.
Tap your finger behind the words you want to edit. Hold it, then a bubble appears, enlarging the letters and showing you where your "cursor" is. Slide to the place you need to change, and you're able to delete/add... whatever you want.

I can't make a screenshot to show you. As soon as you lift the finger, the bubble disappears.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I can't make a screenshot to show you. As soon as you lift the finger, the bubble disappears.

I cheated. Used the Reflector app to mirror the iPad to the computer and took the screen shot and Skitched it there.

EditURLInSafari.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts