What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how to reregister an ipad

Christiana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been given an ipad which belonged to a relative who has just died. i do not know what generation it is - it has a camera and I think was bought this autumn. I don't have any passwords and anyway would like to wipe what little there is on it - except maybe save the music - and start again. Also it is registered in England and I live in France.

Any ideas or help would be great.

Christiana

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have been given an ipad which belonged to a relative who has just died. i do not know what generation it is - it has a camera and I think was bought this autumn. I don't have any passwords and anyway would like to wipe what little there is on it - except maybe save the music - and start again. Also it is registered in England and I live in France.

Any ideas or help would be great.

Christiana

G'day Christiana and welcome to the forum. Your best action would be to completely restore your iPad to an "out of the box, factory fresh iPad" state.
Do this: tap "Settings" then General>Reset and then tap "Erase all Content and Settings". This will erase the music as well, of course.
Then re-register with Apple under your own info and you are good to go.

If you could post the model or serial number on the back of the iPad, there are knowledgable members here who will quickly respond as to the generation of iPad you have.

Whichever generation it is, I am sure you will thoroughly enjoy entering the world of iPads. And should you have any further questions about your iPad, there are people on the forum who will be happy to assist.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts