What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad2 ghost

scotteod

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad2 has what apple techs called the iPad ghost. It randomly just starts selecting apps and sub-menu in rapid succession. Can't do much at that point except power down. Apple say I have to wipe out the iPad to fix it. Any other way? Why do I need to do to save all the history on my 50 apps and to properly repopulate then after? Just a sync a resync? I am lost.

likamaris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is doing the same thing. And I saw several people online complaining. I just left Apple Store and they won't do anything for me. Tired of wiping it clean and it keeps doing the same thing.
Have you figure it out?

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
First thing to do would be to back up your ipad to icloud and/or itunes. Once this is done, setup the ipad as it was a new one and don't restore your backup yet. Try using it this way for a while to see if the problem returns. If it doesn't then restore it from the backup. If the problem then returns, its something in your old apps or settings that is causing the issue.

If the issue is still there after setting the ipad up as new , then it may be a hardware issue. Has the ipad been dropped? is the glass cracked? Replacing the digitizer (glass) may solve the problem in this case.

likamaris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First thing to do would be to back up your ipad to icloud and/or itunes. Once this is done, setup the ipad as it was a new one and don't restore your backup yet. Try using it this way for a while to see if the problem returns. If it doesn't then restore it from the backup. If the problem then returns, its something in your old apps or settings that is causing the issue.

If the issue is still there after setting the ipad up as new , then it may be a hardware issue. Has the ipad been dropped? is the glass cracked? Replacing the digitizer (glass) may solve the problem in this case.
I have restored it several times trying to fix this. No, it hasn't been dropped or anything. I never use it because of this issue. But I took too long to go to Apple Store , it's far from me and lines for Genius Bar are 1 hour wait at least with appointment. I left the store 9:30pm last night. Phone support only tells me to restore. So , warranty expired. Out of luck and disappointed.

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Couple more questions: Are you the original owner? Has it always done this or only recently? Is there a reputable repair shop in your area that works with iPads? Check Craigslist if you aren't sure.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have restored it several times trying to fix this. No, it hasn't been dropped or anything. I never use it because of this issue. But I took too long to go to Apple Store , it's far from me and lines for Genius Bar are 1 hour wait at least with appointment. I left the store 9:30pm last night. Phone support only tells me to restore. So , warranty expired. Out of luck and disappointed.

If you have a a support ticket in from before the warrantee expired you can probably use that reference number to get the iPad fixed; as long as it is clearly for the current issue and was not resolved. It's worth a try.

Most reactions

Latest posts