What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to know when to buy a new device??

Sandygirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have Ipad 2 , I think it is 2. (the model just prior to the thinner one. 3 years old. I have almost maxed out the 16G of storage. I dropped it and the volume key is jammed. Seems sluggish at times and hesitates when trying to open some apps lie Facebook. . Maybe I am looking for an "excuse" to replace my device. Thoughts?

Sandy

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I only have two critera for when it's time to get a new device.

1) I can afford it, or can feasably save enough to afford it.

2) I want it.

Somtimes I take into consideration whether the current device is still doing what I need it to do, but that's the weakest argument, because, honestly, I don't 'have' to have an iPad. :)

OP
S

Sandygirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
True on all accounts. I was wondering if maxing out my storage is a hindrance.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't know if you need to max it out (storage), but it's wise to get at least one model up from what you think you'll need.

Me, I'm 64 GB on all my devices now. It's more than I need, but 32 GB was getting crowded.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have Ipad 2 , I think it is 2. (the model just prior to the thinner one. 3 years old. I have almost maxed out the 16G of storage. I dropped it and the volume key is jammed. Seems sluggish at times and hesitates when trying to open some apps lie Facebook. . Maybe I am looking for an "excuse" to replace my device. Thoughts?

Sandy

Hi Sandy, sounds to me like you are well justified for an upgrade! I had an iPad 2 for a long time and then bought the Air. My iPad 2 is still being used to this day by my daughter and it works fine but I was ready for the retina screen and the performance improvements. I wouldn't say you are using excuses at all. Rather legit if you ask me.

Next time, maybe go with a 32GB version or even 64GB. Doing this will alleviate the storage issues in the future for you.

OP
S

Sandygirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mikey, i just upgraded to Ipad Mini with retina (whatever) 32g. Now trying to figure how to dumb down my ipad2 for my playing on the internet toy. I added cellular function to the mini. My Ipad2 is wi-fi only.

Thanks for the encouragement to upgrade!
Sandy

Sandy

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mikey, i just upgraded to Ipad Mini with retina (whatever) 32g. Now trying to figure how to dumb down my ipad2 for my playing on the internet toy. I added cellular function to the mini. My Ipad2 is wi-fi only.

Thanks for the encouragement to upgrade!
Sandy

Sandy

Sounds good! The mini retina at 32GB is a great buy now. Excellent choice! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts