What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to have google street view in build in maps aplication in i pad ..

OP
Shihid

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Yes - but you can't use GPS. The iPad's native Maps app needs an Internet connection, because the maps are downloaded dynamically. So, go to a location on Maps, drop a pin, then touch the pin, then touch the small photographic graphic and you're into Street View.

Tim

I am connected with Internet ,I went to a location in Dubai , I dropped pin,then I taped icon. I. But there no image appears..may be as some one else said above street viewing don't allows every where, so can u please tell me some loc where street viewing works ....I Wanamaker experience that location ...thanks ..

Sent from my heart ,using my brain ..

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Yes - but you can't use GPS. The iPad's native Maps app needs an Internet connection, because the maps are downloaded dynamically. So, go to a location on Maps, drop a pin, then touch the pin, then touch the small photographic graphic and you're into Street View.

Tim

I am connected with Internet ,I went to a location in Dubai , I dropped pin,then I taped icon. I. But there no image appears..may be as some one else said above street viewing don't allows every where, so can u please tell me some loc where street viewing works ....I Wanamaker experience that location ...thanks ..

Street View works everywhere in the UK and US, so check out some of those locations to check to see if you can get it working. Then go to the location you're really interested in. If it doesn't work there, then it's because Google weren't allowed to Street View that location. Everywhere in the UK and US is available though - you can even see my house!! :D

Tim

OP
Shihid

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Omg omg omg it's awesome ......waooooooooooooooooo. I think I isn't have to downy else thing with my I pad :)

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
not everywhere is actually available to street view anyway.

Folks, pay attention to the comment above. If a location has not been photographed from the "street," there is no "street view" option. There are many, many places that have no street view.

Tim, you're incorrect in saying that "everywhere" in the US and UK are available in street view. Many locations in rural areas and small towns are not included.

P.S. My house is available in street view, too. And when I use navigation on my droid phone, it automatically pops up the picture of my house when I arrive. It's rather surrealistic, though, since the photograph has the car I'm driving already sitting in the driveway. :)

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Folks, pay attention to the comment above. If a location has not been photographed from the "street," there is no "street view" option. There are many, many places that have no street view.

Tim, you're incorrect in saying that "everywhere" in the US and UK are available in street view. Many locations in rural areas and small towns are not included.

P.S. My house is available in street view, too. And when I use navigation on my droid phone, it automatically pops up the picture of my house when I arrive. It's rather surrealistic, though, since the photograph has the car I'm driving already sitting in the driveway. :)

Yes - you're right - not everywhere. I apologise. I should have said there are no Government restrictions - if Google didn't come there, then it's not on-line.

Mia culpa

Tim

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Yes - you're right - not everywhere. I apologise. I should have said there are no Government restrictions - if Google didn't come there, then it's not on-line.

Mia culpa

Tim

Considering the invaluable advice and information you usually dispense, you get a pass on a minor error, Tim.

Most reactions

Latest posts