What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to have google street view in build in maps aplication in i pad ..

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In I as there is built in application ...how I can see places like actual google earth ...while it's written you can view it ..just read in iPad user manual ..

Sent from my heart ,using my brain ..

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad's native Maps app supports Google Earth and Google Street View. In maps you can choose the satellite view - which is Google Earth. If you tap on a location a pop-up menu appears with an option which lets you move into Google Street View. Street View integrates really well with the iPad and fully supports all the on-screen gestures, so navigating around is a lot easier than on a PC.

Tim

OP
Shihid

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
The iPad's native Maps app supports Google Earth and Google Street View. In maps you can choose the satellite view - which is Google Earth. If you tap on a location a pop-up menu appears with an option which lets you move into Google Street View. Street View integrates really well with the iPad and fully supports all the on-screen gestures, so navigating around is a lot easier than on a PC.

Tim

I am able to view at least in google earth mode, but street view yet not ...can you explain in better way? Bec I tried to tap but nothing happens..

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you're in Maps drop a pin in the location you want to street view. Touch the pin and a pop-up box appears. In the box is an 'I' (information) symbol and, if you touch that, you'll be taken to Street View.

Tim

OP
Shihid

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
When you're in Maps drop a pin in the location you want to street view. Touch the pin and a pop-up box appears. In the box is an 'I' (information) symbol and, if you touch that, you'll be taken to Street View.

Tim

I am able to drop the pin.and there is a symbol I. And when I touch the. I. It appears like this

Direstions from here

Direction to here

Remove pin

Adress

Dd to contacts. Share location. Add to book Mark .."........which one u r taking about tim ?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:

Tim

I am able to drop the pin.and there is a symbol I. And when I touch the. I. It appears like this

Direstions from here

Direction to here

Remove pin

Adress

Dd to contacts. Share location. Add to book Mark .."........which one u r taking about tim ?

I get all this but I also get, in the top left hand corner, a very small image - I touch that image and it takes me to Street View. But as the last poster mentioned, some countries have banned Street View so you'll need to check if it's available in your country.

Tim

OP
Shihid

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
not everywhere is actually available to street view anyway.

I was trying to watch few places nearby my reside in Dubai ...so tell me which place it will work,,I Wanamaker experience..

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
not everywhere is actually available to street view anyway.

I was trying to watch few places nearby my reside in Dubai ...so tell me which place it will work,,I Wanamaker experience..

Do you get the image in the pop-up box? If so, you touch that image and it takes you to Street View. If there's no image there, then there is no Street View available for that location.

Tim

OP
Shihid

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When it Sayreville your location cannot be determined ...what it means?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What type of iPad do you have? Only the 3G models have GPS. WiFi iPads can only determine their position if they're in contact with a WiFi hotspot whose location has been entered into a database of hotspots used by Apple.

Tim

OP
Shihid

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
What type of iPad do you have? Only the 3G models have GPS. WiFi iPads can only determine their position if they're in contact with a WiFi hotspot whose location has been entered into a database of hotspots used by Apple.

Tim

I am having iPad one ,32 gb wifi and I am using Internet by device like mifi ..

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:

Tim

I am having iPad one ,32 gb wifi and I am using Internet by device like mifi ..

OK, then, no GPS so the iPad cannot determine your location unless it's near a WiFi that's in the database. But you can still scroll around Maps and it won't stop you using StreetView if it's available at the location you're hoping to look at.

Tim

OP
Shihid

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My iPad is always connected to Internet through wifi , so can I have street view of any place ?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad is always connected to Internet through wifi , so can I have street view of any place ?

Yes - but you can't use GPS. The iPad's native Maps app needs an Internet connection, because the maps are downloaded dynamically. So, go to a location on Maps, drop a pin, then touch the pin, then touch the small photographic graphic and you're into Street View.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts