What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to get Remote App to actually work?

Obdo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey I was just wondering how to set up the Remote App, I've watched a bunch of vids but I can't get it to work anymore. I used it last night and it didn't prompt me for any codes or anything just worked fine. This morning it says I need to put in the PIN numbers on so I say ok, see the remote pop up in itunes and I type it in and even my iPad automatically starts searching for my library. Then nothing. This worked fine last night but now I can't even get to my library. I've tried reinstalling, restarting, turning off my firwall, accepting all incoming requests thru my firewall, plugging my PC straight into my AirPort, unsetting and setting up my home sharing again, and trying all of this while it is plugged into my PC. I can post a vid if it helps but this makes no sense, I don't know why I keep buying apple things they seem nice at first and then they never work as they say they do. I would be willing to get a better app to do this but Remote seemed to work fine last night (and is free! but I guess you get what you pay for..)

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey I was just wondering how to set up the Remote App, I've watched a bunch of vids but I can't get it to work anymore. I used it last night and it didn't prompt me for any codes or anything just worked fine. This morning it says I need to put in the PIN numbers on so I say ok, see the remote pop up in itunes and I type it in and even my iPad automatically starts searching for my library. Then nothing. This worked fine last night but now I can't even get to my library. I've tried reinstalling, restarting, turning off my firwall, accepting all incoming requests thru my firewall, plugging my PC straight into my AirPort, unsetting and setting up my home sharing again, and trying all of this while it is plugged into my PC. I can post a vid if it helps but this makes no sense, I don't know why I keep buying apple things they seem nice at first and then they never work as they say they do. I would be willing to get a better app to do this but Remote seemed to work fine last night (and is free! but I guess you get what you pay for..)

G'day Obdo. Other than express my admiration for your sign-on handle:D, I don't have a direct solution to your problem and others more knowledgeable may well chip in and help.
I would only suggest that you check that you have iTunes 10.0.1 or later on your PC and the latest version of Remote installed on your iPad.
Check out the following links to help in your troubleshooting. (although I suspect you have already done that)

support.apple.com/kb/HT1947
support.apple.com/kb/TS1741

Regards,Andrew

Last edited:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll go along with what Andrew said, except that I recommend updating to iTunes 11. Remote has worked faultlessly for me since I updated. What's more, I can use my iPad and iPhone interchangeably. The app updates on each device.

Most reactions

Latest posts