What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to get Remote APP Working

Paul80

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I am looking for a bit of help getting the Remote Application working on my iPad

I am using the latest OS on my iPad and the latest iTunes

Anyone managed to get it working, I have tried to follow the help files but I get stuck when I getto the Device option in iTunes Prefrences, according to the Remote Help File there should be an option to enable remote control, but on my version there is nothing. and when the app generates a 4 digit pin code I cannot find anything in iTunes to add that pin code.

Help please.

Paul

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Make sure the device is connected to the wifi network first of all.

After this is done open up iTunes and then open the remote app.

On the app you should be able to choose your library, when you do this the app generates your code. On iTunes you should see remote under the device section, (where the iPhone/iPad is normally) click on this and this brings up the screen to input the code. Should be all go from there.

OP
P

Paul80

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

Thanks for the reply

If I connect to the WiFi nothing is shown under Devices, even Devices is not there, when I connect via USB devices pop up and my iPad is shown.

On the App I select Load library and the 4 digit code is generated but under Device in iTunes there is no Remote option.

Thanks

Paul

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Above your iPhone/iPad there should be your device but with a different icon that is what you need to select!

OP
P

Paul80

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a screen capture of my iTunes with iPad connected, which is the Icon on need to select as I dont see one.

Paul

Capture.JPG

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm. When you start the remote app does it enable you to choose your library?? I it does that means there's a connection, if it does and then shows the 4 digit code you may need to allow iTunes through your windows firewall. If it doesn't then that means it can't find iTunes. Report back and I'll see if I can help more.

OP
P

Paul80

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

When I start the remote app I select Add An iTunes Lirary and the box with the 4 digit Passcode is show.

I have also checked in the Windows firewall and iTunes is allowed.

I just don't get anything in iTunes to add the 4 digit passcode.

Thanks

Paul

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do this again and send the screen capture to me when you have the pass code displayed on the iPad :)

OP
P

Paul80

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is what I get when the 4 digit pass code is displayed on the iPad.

Paul

Capture 3.JPG

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm, try going to preferences(under edit) then remote and then choose forget all remotes in iTunes, then try again, see if that fixes it.

OP
P

Paul80

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for trying to help with this

In preferences (Under Edit) there is no remote option showing

Capture4.JPG

If I go to device under Preferences there is a remote option, but it is showing iTunes is not pared with any remotes and the forget remotes option is greyed out.

Capture5.JPG

Thanks

Paul

OP
P

Paul80

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been reading the help pages for the remote app and according to them there should be an option under devices for adding remotes, but on mine there is nothing, only a greyed out option to forget remotes. Has this option been removed from iTunes, could someone go to devices under preferences to see if you have this option or not.

Thanks

Paul

smassey101

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Paul80 said:
Hi Guys

I am looking for a bit of help getting the Remote Application working on my iPad

I am using the latest OS on my iPad and the latest iTunes

Anyone managed to get it working, I have tried to follow the help files but I get stuck when I getto the Device option in iTunes Prefrences, according to the Remote Help File there should be an option to enable remote control, but on my version there is nothing. and when the app generates a 4 digit pin code I cannot find anything in iTunes to add that pin code.

Help please.

Paul

I use an I pad2. Can get remote working with iTunes by logging in the pin code, but very time I try to use it, I have to re enter the pin code on I tunes. Can anyone help?

OP
P

Paul80

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Smassey

Does you Device option look the same as in the screen capture that I have shown above, do you have any option to add remotes. or only remove, like in mine.

Thanks.

OP
P

Paul80

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys

Still not got this app working.

In iTunes there is no option for adding remotes, has it been removed or am I missing something.

I can get the app to generate the four digit code but iTunes does not ask got it when I select my device.

Can anyone help with this, I have been through all the help files and can find nothing other than options not being in iTunes that should be there, which is why I am thinking its iTunes rather than the app that's not working.

All other apps that I have that link to my pc remotely work fine so it's not a firewall issue.

According to the help files I should have this option in iTunes

"To connect Remote with iTunes, iTunes must be running on your Mac or PC. You must also have the iTunes preference "Look for iPod touch, iPhone and iPad Remotes" enabled. This setting is enabled by default, however you can verify that it is enabled in the Devices tab of iTunes preferences."

But in mine its not there, how do I turn it on or has it been removed, thus rendering the remote app useless

Thanks again for any help with this

Paul

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts