What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to fix iPad 2's home button unresponsive problem? Help.

Ryan_Obra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad 2 has a intermittent home button issues, how to fix this? Anyone? God bless you.

cruiser111

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My iPad 2 has a intermittent home button issues, how to fix this? Anyone? God bless you.

Ouch! Sorry you're having this problem. With radio knobs that become erratic, giving them a short blast of air, from me, often makes them work normally again. Probably cleans away foreign particles. Not sure if that will work in your case, but worth a try.

How long have you had your iPad?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Give this link a try.

How To: Recalibrate Your iDevice's Home Button -- AppAdvice

If it doesn't work you probably need to make an appointment with Apple support. It's probably a hardware problem.

If you have not done so, you should also try a reset.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP
Ryan_Obra

Ryan_Obra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cruiser111 said:
Ouch! Sorry you're having this problem. With radio knobs that become erratic, giving them a short blast of air, from me, often makes them work normally again. Probably cleans away foreign particles. Not sure if that will work in your case, but worth a try.

How to do the short blast air?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Use only the kind of compressed gas aerosols designed for electronics. Air supplied by a compressor will contain enough moisture to do serious damage.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Even the canned air designed for electronics should only be applied in short, well separated blasts. The air comes out cold, and will cause condensate if used too vigorously.

But seriously, I don't see how using air on the iPad button is practical. Not without disassembling the unit. The gaps are simply too small to allow any significant amount of air to get behind the button.

And disassembling the iPad is a job for a professional, especially if your warrantee is still good. They are not tinker friendly.

cruiser111

iPF Novice
Reaction score
"How to do the short blast air?"

I use my lungs. However, apparently that may not be an acceptable method for the iPad.

KenNewHampshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Settings .... General .... Reset

The above finally worked after many weeks of trying different alternatives

OP
Ryan_Obra

Ryan_Obra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TheRemedyMe said:
Have u try restore it??

Uhh, i also do alot of alternatives to fix this that i saw through the web, but still it has a intermittent home button.

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine too pal, I tried recall rating the home button and mine is also still acting up. Unfortunately like me it's a trip to the apple store. Hopefully I can get them to replace it instead of fixing it.

OP
Ryan_Obra

Ryan_Obra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it a hardware problem? But mine never fall on the ground.

Most reactions

Latest posts