how to export keynote to imovie (on ipad)

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by jeremyg81, Mar 17, 2012.

1. jeremyg81

jeremyg81
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi all.
    Please someone help. Ive reads so many pages on the web and i found one that said i can export my presentation in keynote (on iPad) to iMovie (on iPad) to add music to the presentation. then later i found out its for the mac laptop/desktop where keynote exports quicktime.

I don't have a mac i have a PC so can anyone please tell me how i can export my presentation to iMovie to add sound, or to even just add sound altogether. I'm trying to do a wedding presentation with photos and music.

please help, i'm just about to try do it on pc again but surely something is out there I can use I love my iPad. Im just really surprised that there isn't an app that does it all.

Thanks

2. jub7474

jub7474
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I'm in the same boat. For a company that claims the new iPad can be used as a laptop, you'd think they would update their iWork apps with the same functions as the apps on a Mac. As of now, you can only export Keynote presentations as Keynote (key), PDF or Powerpoint (pptx). Why can't we export as a movie file as well? Or at least export to iMovie to make one there, I really can't believe they don't have this option on the iPad app. Not even now in 2016.

#2 jub7474, May 13, 2016
    Last edited: May 13, 2016
  3. surya kumar

surya kumar
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    You try this

To add an audio file to your presentation, you must first import the presentation that contains the audio file you want to use, and then copy and paste the audio file to any slide or presentation on your iPad."

That really is the easiest way. You can load up a "dummy" presentation with audio clips, export to your iOS Keynote via iTunes and then use the file as a library of sound files for copy/paste.
    you have limited luck importing audio files via drop box. good luck
    May be not exactly what you asked, you can make a movie from a Keynote (or PowerPoint) of you giving the presentation with Profcast.