What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to delete a batch of email

Status
Not open for further replies.

blockie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my computer muchmore than I do the iPad. I read and delete my emails from the computer on a daily basis. However, shen I use the iPad there are all the email that I have dealt with on the computer Now I delete them the only way I know, one at a time. Is there a way to delete all or a batch?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Blockie - not sure which email clients you are using on your iPad, but may help others make suggestions on altering your settings in these clients to delete messages on your device once you have deleted them on your computer - I'm on Yahoo and have it configured to behave in that fashion.

Concerning deleting multiple messages in the iPad native Mail app - when your Inbox is open (left panel) - first press 'Edit' - empty circles will appear to the left of your messages - check the ones you want to delete and then hit 'Delete' at the bottom left - good luck! :)

OP
B

blockie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use comcast.
It looks like the problem is the inability to "select all". If it is there somewhere I can't find it. I can delete a selected email or two or three, etc.
The new question might be "how to select all in the email inbox".

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use comcast.
It looks like the problem is the inability to "select all". If it is there somewhere I can't find it. I can delete a selected email or two or three, etc.
The new question might be "how to select all in the email inbox".

There isn't a "delete all" button in the email inbox. There s a delete all button in the trash file, though.

Catmandoo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There isn't a "delete all" button in the email inbox. There s a delete all button in the trash file, though.
Yes! It's frustrating isn't it?

I'm amazed there isn't a "select all" and "delete all" facility in the Mail App.

It is so tedious to select each individual message when wanting to clear whole threads or the entire contents of a Mail box.

Are there any plans to amend this, or is it better to use another Email client on our iPads?

OP
B

blockie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just don't use email on my ipad. Too bad I have to do this but ............

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm not sure why some are having problems, when I have none. I use IMAP email, though. Are those with issues using POP? If so, especially if you also access the same email account on a PC or Mac, try converting to IMAP. It's really designed for sharing accounts across multiple devices. Worst case, you could delete emails on the PC and they would automagically disappear from the iPad.

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

monsoongoon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Newer ipads do have the option of batch deleting email. I have and older ipad that only allows me to mark one email at a time to be deleted. It is possible to deactivate the email account in an older ipad through the settings menu. This will prevent emails from building up if you are not reading them regularly. Select the Settings icon. Tap on Accounts and Passwords. You will see the name of the email provider for your ipad. Select that name to view options for email functions. The first option simply says "ACCOUNT" with a toggle button for on or off. Turning account off will deactivate the ipad's email function. When you toggle the Account button back on the ipad will resume receiving new emails.

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This problem was posted in 2013. No doubt it has been solved in the meantime.

A lot has changed since then. Also, the OP didn’t return since 2015.

Thread closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts