What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can the iPad delete emails downloaded after it's been deleted on the server?

Michael2010

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got an ipad, and set-up my email accounts. Here is the issue I am having. My emails are on the server, and then get downloaded onto the iPad. Once I am on my computer, I have them downloaded to outlook. At that point, the emails are deleted from the server by outlook. Yet, the iPad keeps the emails until I manually delete them. Is there a way for the iPad to delete them (on the Ipad- not the server) once they have been deleted from the server, essentially making it a mirror of my email server? I have a nook, and this is how it always behaved. I tried searching, but the only thing I come up with are people inquiring how to get the ipad to delete the email on the server once it's downloaded. I don't want it touching the server, but I want the email gone from the iPad once its off the server.

thanks.

dreamerdonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually there is no way like you want. You have to do it manually all by your self (bummer). You can try your luck to find out some apps which will do that for you but I do't find any apps like that yet. Wish you find out a solution for this and if you find out please show us the solution. :(

Most reactions

Latest posts