What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to create a special "Open in .." bookmark in Safari

Vulcanman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any way to create special bookmarks in Safari to allow the currently displayed to be opened in another browser?

Kinda like the Firefox program on my PC ... It has a way to reopen page in IE.

Anyone know?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Although it would be cool, I doubt that there is a way to do this due to Apple's sand boxing strictures. The best I can think of,is copy the link, open another web browsing app and then paste in the address there.

Sorry.

Marilyn

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I forgot all about that! And, I've used that method successfully in the past, even...

Sorry for steering y'all wrong. My bad...

Marilyn

OP
V

Vulcanman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
addiosamigo said:
You can do this if you download iCab mobile. There is a JavaScript function that you type in a bookmark in safari and then when you click the bookmark it opens it in iCab. You may be able to do this in other browsers such as atomic but I have only got iCab. Check out this blog to see how to do it:

http://www.icab.de/blog/2009/09/07/calling-icab-mobile-from-within-safari-on-the-iphone/

Thanks all. Yes, I found a bookmarklet that will allow me to make it work for the atomic browser. Unfortunately, in my case it's a catch-22. Due to security concerns ... I typically disable JavaScript in Safari. For sites that require it ... I open the page in Atomic. The problem with the bookmarklet is ... Its a javascript ... Hence will not run within Safari if JavaScript is disabled :(.

Oh well. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Most reactions