1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

How to copy images from pdf files

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by Fornix, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Fornix

Fornix iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm new to iPad and working on a presentation. I have not been able to figure out how to copy images from my pdf files and copy them into pages or keynote. I have installed good reader but still no luck. I would appreciated any assistance.
  2. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +748 / 0
    Hello Fornix - welcome to the forum! :)

Well, my first response is w/ frustration and often failure! :mad: Many of the apps on my iPad2 that can open PDF files do not allow easy image extraction (or maybe I've not learned the features that might permit this function easily?) - there may be some PDF apps that have this as a feature and others will hopefully 'chime in' to help.

Now, my usual method is to simply open the PDF file, zoom in on an image desired, then do a screen capture (simultaneously pressing the ON/OFF & HOME buttons); then I use a photo imaging app (Snapseed in my case) to crop & save the image to my photo library; the image(s) can then be used in other apps - not a great solution but it has worked for me; fortunately I do not need this often enough to be that frustrated - good luck!
  3. Fornix

Fornix iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Giradman: Thanks! It seems like there should be a more elegant solution but your suggestion works. Much appreciated.
  4. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,913 / 1
    PDF files tend to be generated by converting from other formats. It was never designed to be re-editable like other document formats.

I'm not saying there isn't something that will extract pictures (and otherwise edit) PDF files on the iPad; but I have not seen one to date.

It should be possible. I can copy pictures using Preview on the iMac, even though I can not edit the documents themselves. Though I am probably not getting the full resolution.

BTW. I tried PDF Expert, and like GoodReader it was not able to select and copy pictures. Someone should give Adobe Reader a try and see if it works.
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  5. GDogg

GDogg iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You can always print screen it then crop the image in photo app