What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to copy images from pdf files

Fornix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm new to iPad and working on a presentation. I have not been able to figure out how to copy images from my pdf files and copy them into pages or keynote. I have installed good reader but still no luck. I would appreciated any assistance.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello Fornix - welcome to the forum! :)

Well, my first response is w/ frustration and often failure! :mad: Many of the apps on my iPad2 that can open PDF files do not allow easy image extraction (or maybe I've not learned the features that might permit this function easily?) - there may be some PDF apps that have this as a feature and others will hopefully 'chime in' to help.

Now, my usual method is to simply open the PDF file, zoom in on an image desired, then do a screen capture (simultaneously pressing the ON/OFF & HOME buttons); then I use a photo imaging app (Snapseed in my case) to crop & save the image to my photo library; the image(s) can then be used in other apps - not a great solution but it has worked for me; fortunately I do not need this often enough to be that frustrated - good luck!

OP
F

Fornix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Giradman: Thanks! It seems like there should be a more elegant solution but your suggestion works. Much appreciated.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
PDF files tend to be generated by converting from other formats. It was never designed to be re-editable like other document formats.

I'm not saying there isn't something that will extract pictures (and otherwise edit) PDF files on the iPad; but I have not seen one to date.

It should be possible. I can copy pictures using Preview on the iMac, even though I can not edit the documents themselves. Though I am probably not getting the full resolution.

BTW. I tried PDF Expert, and like GoodReader it was not able to select and copy pictures. Someone should give Adobe Reader a try and see if it works.

Last edited:

GDogg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fornix said:
I'm new to iPad and working on a presentation. I have not been able to figure out how to copy images from my pdf files and copy them into pages or keynote. I have installed good reader but still no luck. I would appreciated any assistance.

You can always print screen it then crop the image in photo app

Most reactions

Latest posts