What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I add a file into KeyNote presentation in my iPad

bbkhaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have KeyNote and Numbers apps in my iPad. I have a Keynote presentation and I would like to insert a hyperlink to a 'Numbers' file, how can I do that in my iPad? Basically, I want to insert an object on a KeyNote and when I click on the object, it'll link me to the Numbers file, which I've stored in my iPad, on the Keynote presentation. So that I can make my presentation in a single and seamless flow, rather than opening up my Numbers app on another page. Appreciate any technical advice you may have.

Thanks.

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
I have KeyNote and Numbers apps in my iPad. I have a Keynote presentation and I would like to insert a hyperlink to a 'Numbers' file, how can I do that in my iPad? Basically, I want to insert an object on a KeyNote and when I click on the object, it'll link me to the Numbers file, which I've stored in my iPad, on the Keynote presentation. So that I can make my presentation in a single and seamless flow, rather than opening up my Numbers app on another page. Appreciate any technical advice you may have.

Thanks.

You cannot.
iPad is App based, not file based (as a PC).
Same it does not work with external videos etc.
However, keynote is a very good and powerfull app. Whatever you can show in Numbers you can show - even animated- in Keynote...

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

OP
B

bbkhaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks very much, hpulmer. Much appreciate your expert advice.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I do wonder if you could link to a file stored in the cloud....it might be possible that way, but you need to make sure you have good wireless wherever you intend to present. I know you can link to web pages. Try it to see!

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
I do wonder if you could link to a file stored in the cloud....it might be possible that way, but you need to make sure you have good wireless wherever you intend to present. I know you can link to web pages. Try it to see!

That is correct, you can link to web sites... So it might be possible if you do have a web server where you can upload the numbers file you want to show during your presentation.
Just checked it with a file I saved to Box, linked the "sharing link" into the keynote. The link brings me to Box and offers me to download the file...

However, if you already have the Numbers table you can easily copy it into the Keynote, if it comes only to show certain data etc...
but maybe we do miss the point, you maybe want to achieve something absolutely different by getting into the Numbers???

You might try to change between kenote and nmbers by using the multitasking features: have all recent apps removed, open the numbers file you want to show and close it, then open your keynote presentation. The 4-finger swipe to the left will bring you to numbers, to return to the keynote 4-finger swipe back to the right...
Works pretty good, except that the keynote will show for a second or so a black screen before returning to the last slide in presentation mode....
Unfortunately I do not know if and how it works if you do present on a beamer/ airplay or so.....

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You might try to change between kenote and nmbers by using the multitasking features: have all recent apps removed, open the numbers file you want to show and close it, then open your keynote presentation. The 4-finger swipe to the left will bring you to numbers, to return to the keynote 4-finger swipe back to the right...
Works pretty good, except that the keynote will show for a second or so a black screen before returning to the last slide in presentation mode....
Unfortunately I do not know if and how it works if you do present on a beamer/ airplay or so.....

I tested it with Reflector (an AirPlay enabler for the computer), and it works pretty much as you describe. The transition from Keynote to Numbers is fairly smooth. When going back though, you get about a second of black screen, then another second or so of the gray linen background, then the the slide.

Keynote did drop out of presentation mode on me once, but I'm not sure whether it's something I did in Keynote, or because I accidentally went to the Home screen once.

Most reactions