What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to close multiple windows that are open on my IPAD2?

kathyvan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We have a new Ipad2 and cannot figure out how to close all the open windows in Safari. We thought we could just click on the x on the top, but nothing happens.

MrLuke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can't close all in one hit through the safari app, you have to go into settings an clear safaris cache to do this but it's quicker to just shut each tab separately by taping the x icon at the left of each tab.
oh, and welcome to the forum :)!
Proud owner of a 32GB wifi iPad2 iOS5.

OP
K

kathyvan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Mr. Luke, that seemed to work. I should have realized that as I've had a Iphone for 2 years now. We love our Ipad2 also. We must had had 10 or more windows open for each site. Every time we went in to a site, the other site was still running and the same site we were in the day before we were in again with a new window. Over and over again for the past month . Funny! So now we know to close it out before we go to a new site. Thanks again.

MrLuke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not a problem. Just in case you haven't realised safari can only keep a total of 9 tabs open at a time so if you try to open a 10th the tab that was used first is removed.

Proud owner of a 32GB wifi iPad2 iOS5.

Most reactions

Latest posts