What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to close a window?

Alo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is rather a dumb question & for that i apologize. Please teach me how to close an openned window on ipAd2. This is my 1st iPad ever & I have no idea. I was expecting it would be like a laptop where I can just click the x button & the window disappears.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello Alo - welcome to the forum! :)

Simply tap the 'Home Button' at the bottom middle and the 'open' app should close; also if you are running iOS 5, then multi-finger gesturing can be used, i.e. simply put your open hand on the screen then squeeze your fingers together - the app should close; you can also change apps quickly by using the same finger gesturing horizontally - may take a little practice, but will work (make sure that this feature is 'ON' in your settings app) - good luck!

OP
A

Alo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. This is very helpful. More questions coming soon :eek:

A.K

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's better to avoid using home button many times IMO .u can use the mullti touch gestures
1) pinch the screen with 5 fingers. It minimises the app.
2) if u want to finish or close the app rather than running it in the back ground the gesture is swiping up with 5 fingers from the bottom of screen.the tray of running apps is shown and u can close the required apps by holding one of them till they start to wiggle and then closing it.
3) u can interchange the apps or multitask by swiping horizontally using 5 finger swipes.
4) double pressing the home button also shows the tray of running apps.

I hope this helps

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
Hi allo, as has been said, the middle (home) button is the equivalent of the windows 'x' button, for a more permanent close at the end of use, which also helps battery life, double click the home button quickly, then when the icons show press an icon and hold till they wiggle, a red 'x' is displayed, press it on each icon and this will close them in the iPads memory, it helps to speed up the iPads processing too.
Remember to save any unsaved info in the programs before you permanently close them.......don't want to lose valuable info!

Most reactions