What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How often do you charge your iPad?

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I charge every night. The reason being I use the heck out of it. I hope these things hold up under heavy use!

Time will tell.....

iserian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try leaving GodFinger on for a few hours ---- easily 50 percent of the battery life from a full charge. Must have to do with the online connection piece.

Ellie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Overcharging?

When you say you charge every night do you leave it charge all night and if you do is that good for battery. :p

CGPanama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ellie,

If I recall correctly, the iPad is like the iPhone in that it takes a full charge then cuts off the charger. It will not harm the battery. I do the same thing when I hit a low charge (usually every few days).

Most of the time, I just plug in occasionally to sync files. All though I have found on occasion I will leave it with an aquarium app running propped up next to my desk while I work. It goes to sleep after a while, but makes for a nice desk decoration when not in use.

Otherwise, the usage with occasional recharges ends up with a charge in the teens every four or five days. Then I will leave it charging overnight, top it off at 100%. Then repeat and rinse.

Always Write

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.davidderrico.com
When we first got it and were using it heavily, it would last about 11 hours (so pretty much the whole day) and then we'd charge it at night. Being used less, it can go a couple days between charges. The battery life is pretty impressive. When I see a manufacturer say "up to 10 hours," I only expect 5-8.

Most reactions

Latest posts