What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How often do you charge your iPad?

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm working now with the iPad just over a week now and just have charged it three times so far. In average it uses 5% of battery capacity for 30' use, which ends up with 10h battery life.

What is your experience with battery life and charging?

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tend to put mine on the dock whenever I am not using it to keep it charged, I've had it on a few flights, reading and watching movies for over 5 hours and have not seen the charge below 50 percent.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i charge my unit about three times a week my main use as been surfing the internet along with game playing and music listening in the hotel ..most of the time it stays with me 24/7 when iam out away from the desktop ..

when at work and waiting for the techs and the installers to finish up i sitting there playing a game of chess or cards with the game files to kill time ..i had more than a few people ask me if it was worth the money for the unit..i been telling anyone who think about the laptop beening the one thing that you need iam tell inless you doing some program that needs the laptop power set up ..this will do everthing a laptop will do for basic person who just surfs the internet and plays a few games and listen to music ..

mrdinh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
only charge it will its in the red...is that a good idea? or always charge it when not in use to obtain 100% capacity?

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really don't think with today's batteries it matters whether or not you run the battery down. These batteries should not suffer from memory effect.

With that having been said - I've been told that it's good for these types of batteries to occasionally drain them to zero - which is probably bull :)

Craig

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
I charge it every three to four days depending on usage. flew to Canada for a week and charged it once the entire time. it was great.

edge7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm getting my 3G today. Does it come charged, or is that the first thing you have to do, like most electronics?

tigerbait1953

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It will probably come almost completely charged. At least my WiFi one did. Use it today and/or tomorrow and top it off tonight or tomorrow night. Let it run down some and charge back up again and exercise the battery to different levels each time to help condition them. My understanding is that you can run lithiums down very low and recharge them back up, but never deplete them completely before charging, that will kill them early.

Last edited:

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I charge mine usually at the end of the day, not that I i need to! I can def go two and even three days without having to charge the pad. The wifi models has exceptional batterie life. I do believe that the 3G models batterie life will suffer when compared to the wifi only. So 3G owners be cautious of when your 3G is on and if your using it or not. 3G is the silent batterie killer lol.

Nemesis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm getting my 3G today. Does it come charged, or is that the first thing you have to do, like most electronics?

It should come fully charged (at least my Wi-Fi iPad did). One thing I do know about the battery though, is it takes a VERY long time to charge the FIRST time. I let the battery run down to about 20% before I charge my battery.

Be warned that if you leave Bluetooth/WiFi and Notifications turned on, your battery will drain like crazy overnight if you aren't charging it.

Overall, I would say that I charge my iPad about 1-2 times a week, and it lasts about 12 hours when I use it for games, web surfing, email and other app usage.

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I leave wifi on permanently and I charge every day or two but I've never gotten below 50%.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I charge mine every night but I also use it about 12 hours a day and it's usually at about 30% when I go to bed and plug it in. My longest run was about 16 hours and it still had 13% left.

eflyersteve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Charge it every chance I can. I generally don't go more than an hour of use without a charge. Trying to keep the battery in good condition remembering that the battery has a finite number of discharge cycles before it needs to be replaced. 2 days of 50% is roughly a full discharge cycle. 10 days of 10% discharge = 1 discharge cycle. I figure my battery will last about 100 years at this rate LOL.

Most reactions

Latest posts