How often do you charge your iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by kheldour, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Nemesis

Nemesis
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    It should come fully charged (at least my Wi-Fi iPad did). One thing I do know about the battery though, is it takes a VERY long time to charge the FIRST time. I let the battery run down to about 20% before I charge my battery.

Be warned that if you leave Bluetooth/WiFi and Notifications turned on, your battery will drain like crazy overnight if you aren't charging it.

Overall, I would say that I charge my iPad about 1-2 times a week, and it lasts about 12 hours when I use it for games, web surfing, email and other app usage.

2. Rasputina

Rasputina
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I leave wifi on permanently and I charge every day or two but I've never gotten below 50%.

3. gentlefury

gentlefury
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    I charge mine every night but I also use it about 12 hours a day and it's usually at about 30% when I go to bed and plug it in. My longest run was about 16 hours and it still had 13% left.

4. Superbike81

Superbike81
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Every night, want to have it ready to go at 100% for the next day.

5. eflyersteve

eflyersteve
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Charge it every chance I can. I generally don't go more than an hour of use without a charge. Trying to keep the battery in good condition remembering that the battery has a finite number of discharge cycles before it needs to be replaced. 2 days of 50% is roughly a full discharge cycle. 10 days of 10% discharge = 1 discharge cycle. I figure my battery will last about 100 years at this rate LOL.

6. Bremen

Bremen
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    I charge every night. The reason being I use the heck out of it. I hope these things hold up under heavy use!

Time will tell.....

7. brhon

brhon
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I charge every other day, more if my use is higher. Have not been below 50%

8. iserian

iserian
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Try leaving GodFinger on for a few hours ---- easily 50 percent of the battery life from a full charge. Must have to do with the online connection piece.

9. Ellie

Ellie
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Overcharging?

When you say you charge every night do you leave it charge all night and if you do is that good for battery. :p

10. CGPanama

CGPanama
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ellie,

If I recall correctly, the iPad is like the iPhone in that it takes a full charge then cuts off the charger. It will not harm the battery. I do the same thing when I hit a low charge (usually every few days).

Most of the time, I just plug in occasionally to sync files. All though I have found on occasion I will leave it with an aquarium app running propped up next to my desk while I work. It goes to sleep after a while, but makes for a nice desk decoration when not in use.

Otherwise, the usage with occasional recharges ends up with a charge in the teens every four or five days. Then I will leave it charging overnight, top it off at 100%. Then repeat and rinse.