What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How often do u charge battery to save battery life

eddiethebhoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When it comes to charging your iPad , is it best to let it completely run out then charge it.Or do you wait until its down to a Cretan percentage and then charge it. I would deeply appreciate feedback on this as I have just got my first iPad being the ipad3 and would like to do whatever it takes concerning charging it to increase the battery life.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I charge mine everyday. I charge it at work and at home. I see no need to be playing battery games. I want the iPad at the ready whenever I need it.

Some like to let theirs charge down the zero once a month. That is to calibrate the meter that gives the battery % reading, not to protect or extend the battery. The type of battery in the iPad likes to be charged.

Krooked

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lithium batteries are weakened more by age than they are by the shear number of charges. I've used lithium batteries in video production for years and the worst thing you can do is constantly drain them to a very low power state and then fully charge them in one session. Excessive (unnecessary) heat builds up for prolonged periods when a battery needs to charge from such a drained state.

A good rule of thumb is to Top Off the battery's charge whenever it's convenient for you. If it's drained, it's better to charge in two sessions than in one constant session.

Using the bottom 20% - 25% should be considered running on "emergency" power instead of being the standard.

Most reactions

Latest posts