What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much do you pay to go to the movies?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ours is $6.75 before 5pm and $10 after ~ but now they offer XHD, something like that @ $13.25!

I thought hell no. Until we saw a movie with that. I don't mind paying the extra $3. It was awesome!

$5.75 for a medium coke last night. You can buy what? 36 cokes for $8 at Costco?

I go to the movies a lot ~ so either I have never paid attention or prices for food went up.

What do you pay?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I go to the movies a lot ~ so either I have never paid attention or prices for food went up.
Or.... your date paid for the tickets and snacks!

But seriously... (which is pretty rare for me!)...

Believe it or not, movie theaters actually make very little on ticket sales since most (and in some cases, ALL) of the ticket revenue goes to the distributor. But yeah, paying those prices for candy (which I don't need anyway... except for Junior Mints... my fave!) and soda is ridiculous! And the biggest ripoff... POPCORN! I mean c'mon... this stuff costs pennies and they mark it up like a million percent!

Maybe this belongs in the Pet Peeve thread!

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
usual movies cost about 2.5$ down here , unless your watching it in 3D it would be about 3-4$, or IMAX about 10$. excluding drinks and popcorns

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
About the same in the UK - £5 for a ticket so at £1=$1.60 (this morning's exchange rate) it seems that prices are the same the world over...and, yes, they charge about the same for soda and popcorn too - and we even have a CostCo in Aberdeen....

Tim
Scotland

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
About the same in the UK - £5 for a ticket so at £1=$1.60 (this morning's exchange rate) it seems that prices are the same the world over...

Not quite. Australia I think has one of the most expensive cinemas in the world - I only go maybe once or twice a year now in Australia. The last time I was there for Avatar, they were charging $16.50 for a normal ticket, $18.50 for VMax (super-big screen) and an extra $5 for 3D at one of the major chains. (Exchange rate is AUD$1.00 to USD$1.03 right now, so they're about equal.)

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I pay around $8 aust as a senior lol but frankly we rent movies on my Apple TV from iTunes Australia, iTunes USA and ITunes Britain my partner loves horror movies nothing like waking up at 3am to see some Alian sucking blood out of a human on a 42"plasma at end of bed. Lol. We spend about $ 60 per month on rental movies all up. Exchange rate is same 1 to 1 USA. Don't like pop corn tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But surely they don't let you take Fosters into the movies - though it would be OK in bed watching your plasma TV....

Tim
Scotland

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At the local Odeon multi - £9.90 for a Premier seat (bigger comfy one - best rows in the cinema) and about £8 for a normal seat :(

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
But surely they don't let you take Fosters into the movies - though it would be OK in bed watching your plasma TV....

Tim
Scotland

Actually we have Gold Class cost$25 each licence and big double seats wine and fosters

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At school (university of Ms) Malco theatres
$6 matinee
$5 happy (4-6)
$8 after 6
+3 for 3D
Everything else is about 10% higher than home including GAS, about .20.

Home (Jackson, ms) Cinemark entertainment
$6 matinee
$7.75 after 530
+3.50 3D

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gulfport, MS
Cinemark

$4.50 earlybird (movies before noon)
$5.50 matinee (before 6p.m.)
$5.50 senior and child weekday/weekend
$7.25 adult weeknight
$8.00 adult weekend evening

Then there's the premium charge for 3-D movies. Price not available right now because there's not an 3-D movies playing this weekend.

Last edited:

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
we paying about the same as SweetPosion here in La area it depends on how long the movies have been the threate

Most reactions

Latest posts