What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many IOS will there be.?

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i know we just got 11 but how many versions of iOS will there be? I know Microsoft supposedly said windows 10 was there last. Anyone have any thoughts?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
i know we just got 11 but how many versions of iOS will there be? I know Microsoft supposedly said windows 10 was there last. Anyone have any thoughts?

Hi Thomas - I left the 'Windows World' in 2013, so Microsoft has not been on my mind lately - however, your comment on Windows piqued my interest - HERE is an interesting read from a few years ago (first pic) suggesting how the company may proceed after Windows 10 - the 'mobile world' and incremental updates might be their future, but who is to say?

Concerning Apple Operating Systems (macOS & iOS), I suspect a continuation along two lines for the near future w/ some more integration of features - will Apple ever merge the two or develop a completely different 'single' OS, again it's impossible to predict at the moment (at least of us 'outsiders'), so don't believe that your question can be answered. For those interested, checkout this Article (second pic) - will be curious about the thoughts of others - for myself, I plan to be periodically upgrading/updating both my iMac/laptops and iDevices w/ different OSs for at least the next few years or more - :) Dave
Screen Shot 2017-09-23 at 5.44.07 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-09-23 at 5.44.36 PM.png

Last edited:
OP
Thomas1977

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I guess nobody really knows and only Apple knows what it’s going to do so I guess we will just sit and enjoy the journey that Apple and Microsoft takes us for those who use both like me.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I cared enough to make this thread but it doesn’t really matter I guess. I am enjoying the ride so far.

Thomas - I hope that you at least went to my 2 links and read the information to be better informed about the issues and possibilities? Dave :)

Last edited:
OP
Thomas1977

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
:D Yes I did read those articles. Sometimes though it’s nice to sit back and daydream and wonder what the future will be like though.

Most reactions

Latest posts