What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long should it take to recharge my ipad 3

dmlaty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone, just got the new iPad and like to ask an experienced user how long it should take to fully charge ?
Last night I put it on charge at 15%, after charging for 9 hrs it was on 82%! Does that sound right?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you are using the charger that came with the iPad, yes, that sounds a little long to me. If you are using some other charger, that could be right, however.

OP
D

dmlaty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I used the 240v to USB plug that came with my iPhone, I'll try it again with the charger that came with it,

Thanks for the reply,

Dave

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes I used the 240v to USB plug that came with my iPhone, I'll try it again with the charger that came with it,

Thanks for the reply,

Dave

Yep. If you use the iPhone charger it will take a lot longer because it provides 5v and 1A for a total of 5W. The iPad needs 5v and 2A for a total of 10W. This is why it is charging so slowly. Also, the new iPad as a really big battery to charge while the iPhone (any iPhone) has a tiny battery to charge. Apple didn't intend one to charge the iPad with the charger from the iPhone.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts