What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How iPad is changing the market, forever

Paoloruffino

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new here! I've been visiting this forum and now I want to share with you my thoughts about Apple's iPad. I believe iPad is significantly changing the whole hi-tech market, or at least it is raising awareness about a new approach never exploited before.

In my opinion iPad's success comes from the understanding of the users community. It is the users who are actually making the iPad an essential device. It is the content that is making it a great thing to have. And I see in this an interesting trend: manufacturer no more producing gadgets or devices, but platforms for users generated content. This is a new trend, or at least it is with the iPad that we can see a revolution coming in. IPad did not offer anything new, if you think about it. Everything that is melted in the device was actually offered already by other items. What it is truly offering is a platform, where all the possibilities and all the most useful applications for work and entertainment are offered at once.

Last edited:

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad has yet to change anything. The iPad right now is primarily a content consumption device, and is not geared or focused on content creation. The iPad isn't the driving force changing a market, the iPhone is. The iPad is simply a larger version of the iPhone that makes consuming media easier and more enjoyable. When the iPad adapts into a device that can be used independent of a computer and to actually create content, then it will be a game changer.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I don't have time or care to read your article...

I create and consume with my iPad, it works, I like it.... all I need to know....

Looks to me like you quickly posted some junk posts to get your three... so you could spam your article....

LGgeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whether iPad is changing things would depend (as usual on your perception). If you are a operator such as AT&T then the iPad is changing your world as your network traffic is going through the roof with people viewing videos (more than they did with just iPhone), if you are a developer then you can't write code or create web content on it then nothing has changed.

The iPad is the next big thing but not until it becomes a big iPhone , then everything from construction industry to hospitals are potential vertical markets.

So it's a perception thing and everyone's perception is their reality.
not going to the website, this is spam like.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad has yet to change anything.
Spot on!

The iPad is more of an evolution than a revolution. Just like digital photography, it wasn't created because there was a need for it, it was created because the technology existed to create it.

As it stands, the iPad is a portal to the iTunes store. Of course, it can always be jailbroken (at the user's risk - technically and legally) which will give the user access to more apps.

But until the "umbilical cord" to a specific content provider can be severed (and that isn't going to happen with any of the iDevices), this will be a limiting factor keeping it from replacing any existing technology. I know it wasn't designed to replace anything, but it does demonstrate what kind of technology can be put into this type of package. It is just the tip of the iceberg.

OP
P

Paoloruffino

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, it is the tip of an iceberg. IPhone was indeed revolutionary but I believe it cleared the way for the real revolution, which is the IPad. Personal opinions, indeed. The real problem, as stated by 1991 -C4, is with this 'umbilical cord', but I'm sure it is just a temporary thing and in the future it will change. Then we'll really see the iPad, or iPad-like devices, become essential in everyday use.
About spam... honestly I'm just linking relevant content! :)

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The iPad has yet to change anything.
Spot on!

The iPad is more of an evolution than a revolution.
I completely agree. Every hardware manufacturer has dreamed of this form factor. HP actually made one for a while, but the technology wasnt there yet. As processors get faster and more energy efficient, batteries get more dense, and screens get cheaper and more energy efficient, these things will be everywhere made by everyone. Apple was the first on the market with an affordable and extremely portable option, but they by no means invented the idea. Tablets will be everywhere within 5 yrs - windows tablets, android tablets, generic linux tablets, nokia tablets, sony tablets. Everyone is working on one. The dream of a full, internet connected computer (or even 90% of one) in the palm of you hand is just starting to become reality.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The guy is a spammer with a clever way to get his spam web site on this forum.. We are a wise group here.. i say to the moderators, this thread should be removed along with the spammer that started it...

OP
P

Paoloruffino

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The guy is a spammer with a clever way to get his spam web site on this forum.. We are a wise group here.. i say to the moderators, this thread should be removed along with the spammer that started it...

Oh come one...
I removed the paragraph with the link, if this may help.

Most reactions

Latest posts