What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want your microsoft apps on your IPAD

Do you want your microsoft apps on your ipad?

• Total voters

mbu10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a owner of said ipad(which i love)
BUt when i first bought was i just loved it but then after a bit wanted it as a laptop replacement which it could not function correctly.

Anyway since i am a sys admin
i liked the citrix app ~(free) and thought about using that which is good but for the general ipad user is hard for them to get access to.

Anyway just a vote really
would you pay 7-10 bucks a month to access
full MS office suite (other apps available) - plus say 50 meg of local space with 99% uptime.
and access from anywhere in the world?(3g works well but wifi is great)

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a owner of said ipad(which i love)
BUt when i first bought was i just loved it but then after a bit wanted it as a laptop replacement which it could not function correctly.
First of all, welcome to the forum!

But....

With all due respect, your iPad does function correctly. It is not being marketed as a "laptop replacement". It is primarily a mobile consumption device. If someone told you that it was some sort of "re-packaged" laptop or netbook with a touch screen, they lied to you. If you bought an iPad without fully researching its capabilities, well... what can I say?

Gabriel1964

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried Quick Office Connect? It allows me to work on my word and excel files on my iPad without any issues so far. Some of the formatting on complex docs isn't perfect but I find it acceptable.

I just drop my doc into either drop box or google docs and voila, my iPad is so much more than a consumption device :)

OP
M

mbu10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
do not get me wrong
i knew the capabilities of my ipad before i bought it
and i knew about everything it could or could not do in native format
i just knew it could do more and intrested if people would be intrested with more flexability and apps that you may want to run from the citrix app

matt_90036

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With all due respect, your iPad does function correctly. It is not being marketed as a "laptop replacement". It is primarily a mobile consumption device. If someone told you that it was some sort of "re-packaged" laptop or netbook with a touch screen, they lied to you. If you bought an iPad without fully researching its capabilities, well... what can I say?
i realized how you must feel about everybody complaining about iPAD not being able to do this and that. but lets not assume that everyone is like that. i have researched what iPAD can and cannot do as well and i am very pleased with it. but if somebody told me that i could install windows XP on iPAD, i would just do it out curiosity. if the OP manages to creat a virual environment for the iPAD to smoothly run Microsoft Office I would also be also curious to try it.

tulsimm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Solution to using MSOffice is already developed, but more Functions & Benefits. I don't see the benefits of app/web site just to use MSoffice?

Most reactions