What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you clean the touch screen

Carl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys. Took my ipad outside and Now it feels "gritty" as I was sitting under a tree. Plus all the finger marks too.

So what's the best way to clean up guys and girls?

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Microfiber cloth.... Simple and works great..... No need for special treated cloths or any other over marketed junk. Just get a microfiber cloth..... Simple.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dust the screen with a feather duster, then clean with a dry microfiber cloth.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a microfiber cloth. Occasionally if it's really bad, like I had eaten pizza and was seeping grease through my fingers, I'll get a tissue just slightly damp, wipe over it, and then dry it with the microfiber cloth.

You also need to wash the microfiber cloth occasionally, I just run it under water and then let it dry for a few hours.

rowan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
rowan.us
BTW, for those of you who don't wear eye glasses, this might not be obvious:

Never use tissue, "Kleenex," toilet paper, paper towels, or any other paper product, no matter how soft it might feel. All paper is made from wood. You knew that already. But there are fine wood chips (very small, but still there) that will scratch any glass surface. It's not noticeable at first, but over time the scratches will appear (or the oleophobic coating will begin to come off).

I've ruined many pairs of glasses not really understanding this for a long time. And in worst case, use Bron019's suggestion: Use your shirt.

ladydi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I clean my screen constantly. I was using a small cleaning cloth that came with my glasses but a microfiber cloth cleans much better and faster. Any stuck on food comes off fast with a little spit and a swipe of the microfiber cloth! :)

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use a microfiber lens cleaner and cleaning solution for LCDs. I saw someone in *$ cleaning hers with a napkin. (shakes head)

Max

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.maxtatau.com
I use spit and one of my roomies t shirts....... :D

Nah, just kidding folks, microfiber cloths do the trick eventhough Ive caught myself using a papertowel with a small mist of windex on it everyonce in a while.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I have a Ghost Armor scratch proof screen protector on my iPad. It makes it super easy to clean, less noticable finger prints and when i clean it I use the microfiber cloth that came with my iPod Touch.

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a hand towel. Sometimes I wet one of the corners down and wipe the screen a bit.n works very well.

I also have a eye glass cleaning cloth that I carry in my bag. Actually, the towel works better.

Dav

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm with the masses with the microfiber :D

Most reactions

Latest posts