What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I see the root drive on ipad2? What is jailbreak?

aliron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new to this forum and to ipad, and am looking for answers to some questions. Can anyone even see the root drive? Is there a root like C: on PCs? I see a lot about jailbreak, what is that? My guess is that it is a used ipad, but I really have no idea. I'll search the site in the mean time. Thanks!
:)
I found my answers in the previous posts. I don't understand why a person has to go through the whole Jailbreak process to enhance the ipad in the first place. It should come that way to begin with.

Last edited:

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with the last statement.

To view your file system you must jailbreak, then install something like ifile.

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When i plug my ipad2 or phone in, a window pops up justine any other memory device.

I just close it, but it might be explorablr?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can only see your pictures.
Apple has its devices locked up tight. When you jailbreak, it mounts the file system as like read-only or something that allows you to view it.

Most reactions

Latest posts