Is jailbreaking going to be a thing of the past?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by stayin100, Aug 14, 2011.

1. stayin100

stayin100
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    So I've just stumbled on the iPad and iPhone and do like them, coming from the world of android I am used to being able to root any phone and do what ever I want with it. Seeing as I am on 4.3.5 on the pad and 4.2.10 on the phone my jailbreaks are limited to tethered on the pad, and null on the phone. Asking for an answer from someone thats been in the iOS works for a while, do you think the current and upcoming versions will be jailbreakable? I realize why the 4.3.5 jb wouldn't be released until apple releases ios5, but in apple possibly closing the doors on us?

2. f4780y

f4780y
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Apple have been constantly improving their security and the countermeasures they deploy against jailbreaking for years. There is nothing new happening now, but for sure each time they make a change it is more of a challenge. Equally, each time they release and new hardware or OS revision there will be new exploits to be found. It just takes time and is part of the constant game of cat and mouse that defines the jailbreaking community.

3. Poser

Poser
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
  4. Poser

Poser
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    you don't have to be jailbroken to save shsh blobs, just connect your device to tiny umbrella, and save every firmware(shsh blobs) apple releases, just in case you wanna jailbreak to a specific firmware(shsh blobs) you have saved, especially for the tethered - untethered firmware, you don't know which one will be untethered, but atleast you have choices...

5. peled

peled
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    iOS 5.0 will include more application. Meaning higher probability for security holes.
    Software Eng' are known to create bugs. Hackers are known to find them.
    The more code lines you have , the more vulnerable you become
    I am optimistic - Jailbreak will find new places to penetrate.

6. stayin100

stayin100
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Did you mean to post this elsewhere?

7. Poser

Poser
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    100‱ meant for this thread...

8. stayin100

stayin100
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Not trying to be rude just didn't see the relevance to this thread, elaborate?

9. Poser

Poser
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    now i read you said you have 4.2.1 on the iphone, without knowing which iphone you have, and wondering why you are still on 4.2.1, and that i do know iphone 3G last firmware is 4.2.1. But if by some chance you have a iphone 3GS or IP4, and realize you don't want to be tethered by 4.3.5, you can take tips from the image posted.

and my very next post was instructing anyone that have an iPad 2 to save your SHSH blobs, cause you never know which one will be iPad 2 compatible....4.3.7 might be, but you have 4.3.9 currently, but you did save 4.3.7 blobs.

hope this wasn't confusing, although it might be, oh well.
    edit: seen your sig, after posting this...

10. stayin100

stayin100
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I just got the iPhone last week, it's a white 16gb CDMA on 4.2.10. Null means that I can't jailbreak it as there is no 100% working jailbreaks for it. I have started saving blobs though. Im just not known for my ability to wait lol.