What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I move a photo?

Metpom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I move a photo from camera roll to an exisiting album? Thanks

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try following this little pictorial......

image-4184274120.jpg

image-1553555487.jpg

image-2052747529.jpg

image-3117470438.jpg

The Archangel

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello Metpom - welcome to the forum! :)

First, keep in mind that images are placed in the 'Camera Roll' if taken by the iPad's camera, downloaded from the web, transferred from your email account, or other apps that use this location to store images. Second, when an image(s) is placed in another 'album' in the native Photo App, it is NOT moved but a link is made to the image which remains in the 'Camera Roll' - thus images are not duplicated or moved as the process is understood on an OS w/ a file managing program, such as Windows Explorer (note that this applies to the non-jailbroken iPad).

Now, to place a link to an image into the Camera Roll in another album: 1) Open the Camera Roll & press the box w/ the outgoing arrow (right upper corner); 2) Select the image(s) you want and each will be tagged w/ a blue check mark; 3) Select 'Add To...' in the right upper corner; and 4) Options are given to either 'Add to Existing Album' or 'Add to New Album' - remember the image(s) are retained in the 'Camera Roll' and links are setup in the Album(s) and can be easily deleted.

Hope this helps - good luck and post back if still having a problem!

P.S. Sorry - appears that Gabriel & I were writing posts at the same time!
:eek:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ah, giradman - you have to be fast to beat the "Angelic Skitcher"! :D

Marilyn

P.S. And to keep it relatively on topic - I'm glad it all worked out for you, Metpom. And, welcome to the forum! Good to "see" you and I hope you enjoy your visit(s).

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ah, giradman - you have to be fast to beat the "Angelic Skitcher"! :D
Hi Marilyn - LOL! :) Look at our times - I probably got up to get a second cup of coffee for the morning while Gabriel kept banging away at those great images that he always creates - well in the end I think we both accomplish the job @ hand! :thumbs: Dave

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's always better to have too much help than not enough!

BTW, I'm thinking of entering the Olympic Skitching Speed event at London 2012!

The Archangel

OP
Metpom

Metpom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
It's always better to have too much help than not enough!

BTW, I'm thinking of entering the Olympic Skitching Speed event at London 2012!

The Archangel

Agree, thanks for the help. I'm sure I'll need you again.

Most reactions

Latest posts