What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I get rid of this jailbreak?

iwhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That sounds critical. Is there a way to check if jailbreak still exists when I don't have cydia?

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For all intents and purposes it does not matter. It would matter if you had to send or bring it in to Apple. With all the apps gone about the only thing that is different is that the file system is not sand-boxed.

iwhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I honestly want it to be sandboxes again,kind of out of the box new with everything locked. Well we happen to have some high speed internet In our campus,I can actually download a copy of 3.2.2 ipsw but since all those pcs either run BSD or Linux so no way to do a restore there. I can bring that file to my pc but is it possible to do the restore with that downloaded ipsw from my pc?

Thanks for your help so far.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I honestly want it to be sandboxes again,kind of out of the box new with everything locked. Well we happen to have some high speed internet In our campus,I can actually download a copy of 3.2.2 ipsw but since all those pcs either run BSD or Linux so no way to do a restore there. I can bring that file to my pc but is it possible to do the restore with that downloaded ipsw from my pc?

Thanks for your help so far.
Yes you can use that ipsw.

In iTunes shift-click restore (PC) or option-click restore (Mac). Point to the ipsw you downloaded and let it restore.

Michael

Ksane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't see how ANYONE could call apps like SBSettings, Backgrounder, Circuitious, OpenSSH, MultiIconMover, and many more "rubbish" or "crap." Those are all free apps.
I guess if I go to the app store and pay for iToilet for iPad ("22+ ultra-realistic toilet/bathroom sound effects") I will find the "good stuff." hahahahahaah
Michael
Don't forget Farting Grandmas! Talk about a "gotta' have" app lmao
Edit: The OP may be thinking that all the apps that show up in Cydia are physically stored on his device or something. It's not like they're taking up any space by just showing what's available to download.

Most reactions

Latest posts